Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Florida Craopie {Specks}

Post Thanks / Like

Default Florida Craopie {Specks}

Hey! All you guys in the sunshine state. Have'nt heard a word in A long time. Have you stopped fishing or is there just not anything to report.
    Joe

Post Thanks / Like

Hi Joe;
    Although I started fishing for Specks early this past year (Oct), my bite didn't get started till Dec.
    I fished Dec, Jan & Feb, then called it enough and turned to catching up on Honey-Do's for a month (built this big "Arbor" thing in the back yard for the ole lady).
    Was going to replace floorboards in boat and install bildge pump before returning to fish the Indian river and Mosquito Lagoon for Redfish/Trout/Black Drum, (I'm located it Titusville) etc, however, went out the other day and boat trailer broke (rusted through). Have procured another and this weekend have been reconfiguring it to fit my boat. Today I have to get some new lights and wire em up, etc.
    Still, haven't gotten to floorboards and bildge pump, finally though, we have dropped off our six days a week work schedual and now I have two day weekends, that sure is a help.
    Looks like summer is coming on strong, rainy season coming, hurricane season coming, lots of good summer stuff coming up (j/k).
    OK, see ya later,
    Danny
    "Teach a man to fish = he can feed himself "
    "Teach the world to fish = you won't have any fish left to eat "

Post Thanks / Like

Default Hang in There Danny

Thanks for the update. Already looking forward to the fall and winter fishing season after I get back in November. Oh well I guess all the grass cutting and other stuff will keep me busy till then.
    Joe

Quote Originally Posted by Phantom309
    Hi Joe;
    Although I started fishing for Specks early this past year (Oct), my bite didn't get started till Dec.
    I fished Dec, Jan & Feb, then called it enough and turned to catching up on Honey-Do's for a month (built this big "Arbor" thing in the back yard for the ole lady).
    Was going to replace floorboards in boat and install bildge pump before returning to fish the Indian river and Mosquito Lagoon for Redfish/Trout/Black Drum, (I'm located it Titusville) etc, however, went out the other day and boat trailer broke (rusted through). Have procured another and this weekend have been reconfiguring it to fit my boat. Today I have to get some new lights and wire em up, etc.
    Still, haven't gotten to floorboards and bildge pump, finally though, we have dropped off our six days a week work schedual and now I have two day weekends, that sure is a help.
    Looks like summer is coming on strong, rainy season coming, hurricane season coming, lots of good summer stuff coming up (j/k).
    OK, see ya later,
    Danny

Post Thanks / Like

Default I was wondering that myself.

You can tell who the real crappie fishermen are when people think crappie only bite in cold weather. I fished the florida crappie association tournament at crescent lake saturday came in 6th with 7.29 pounds. George parker came in third and Denny tittle came in first and big fish was 1lb 13oz. We caught about 30 fish, it was real good early but slacked off around 10am got really hot too. (like africa hot) I went to lake bryant sunday bluebird sky and 90degrees and ended up cleaning 38 fish. Spider rigging with small crawdads and yum curly tail grubs. I dont know what brand craws they were but I took them from my daughters tackle box I bought her at christmas (some crappy brand) their black and some have red pinchers and some have blue. I was tightlining them seemed like any depth and they were working great. People at the ramp couldnt there was a guy out there in the heat speck fishing (more for me) I just told them specks are just like you and me they eat all year long. I think I have caught my biggest speck during the summer on orange lake 2lb 4oz. Some of the fish I cleaned still had row in them. Water temp 85 at 12noon. Crazy huh. Well the next florida crappie association tournament is at Lake Griffin in leesburg, Last tournament we had there I think first place had 12 lbs with 7 fish. We are affiliated with crappie USA so if you are a member of crappie use you are welcome to join. You can get point toward the regional (BIG MONEY AND BOAT) fishing our tournaments. If you all want more information let me know with a post or email me at [email protected] and I will give you the president of the FCA's number and email address.Tournament results posted here http://www.crappieusa.com/forum/conf...&Category_ID=1
    Last edited by bnwbassman; 05-16-2005 at 09:02 PM. Reason: must be tired tonight cant get it right.

Post Thanks / Like

Rodger that on hot weather specs! I usually wait for late eve to fish cause the heat affects the fisherman!
    This year I'm going back to nite fishing too. Gotta beat the heat.

I will fish during the day on cloudy days.