Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Eagle lake twins...(pics)

Post Thanks / Like

Default Eagle lake twins...(pics)

Went to Eagle lake last Fri. after work w/ a couple of buddies and the fishing was ok. Crappie were harder to find. We caught four and lost a couple. Caught a mess o smallies, most undersized and released them. A few gills too.

Went back on Sun. evening w/ the wife and niece. Caught these two from under a swim platform and lost one other. Both right at 11". Water temp was at 78. They were in 14-16'. One on Panfish Assassin Albino mini shad, other on orange/speck tube body. Still looking for the big un.

Last edited by yankee doodler; 08-26-2008 at 07:00 AM. Reason: reattach pics

Life has many choices, eternity has two...choose wisely.
    Unapplied biblical truth is like unapplied paint...how many gallons do you have sittin' around? U.D.

Post Thanks / Like

u certainly can't mean Eagle Lake Mississippi?

Post Thanks / Like

yankee

isn't that lake down by kazo, never been there yet

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sac-a-lait View Post
    u certainly can't mean Eagle Lake Mississippi?
    No Sac I'd love to be able to make it down to ole' miss and back in a weekend for some of your monster specks, but this lake is in southwest Michigan.

Unapplied biblical truth is like unapplied paint...how many gallons do you have sittin' around? U.D.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ready2fish View Post
    yankee

isn't that lake down by kazo, never been there yet
    There is an eagle lake down near Battle Creek in the Fort Custer NWR, but I think it's kinda small. This one is up just south of Allegan off M-40 a bit. Where are you at?

Post Thanks / Like

Byron center

Post Thanks / Like

Byron center
    well were just out each others back door then. It's not that far to eagle for you either. There are several good lakes for blacks right in that same area...Duck, Eagle, Muskrat, Baseline, and if you want to catch a mess of them in a little smaller range...say 6-9", then go to Swan which is just south of 108th ave. 'bout 6 miles west of M-40. You can mapquest it and find 'em all.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by yankee doodler View Post
    well were just out each others back door then. It's not that far to eagle for you either. There are several good lakes for blacks right in that same area...Duck, Eagle, Muskrat, Baseline, and if you want to catch a mess of them in a little smaller range...say 6-9", then go to Swan which is just south of 108th ave. 'bout 6 miles west of M-40. You can mapquest it and find 'em all.
    you know i never fished any of them and appreciate the tip on these lakes, when I'm not up north in Newyago fishing i usually hit a few small lakes by Gun lake, basset and baker lake are OK but lately they seem some what slow.

good to have you as my neighbor, i just signed up to this site Sunday and its a great place so far

Post Thanks / Like

you know i never fished any of them and appreciate the tip on these lakes, when I'm not up north in Newyago fishing i usually hit a few small lakes by Gun lake, basset and baker lake are OK but lately they seem some what slow.

good to have you as my neighbor, i just signed up to this site Sunday and its a great place so far
    It's a great site to get educated on all sorts of fishing tatics from the guys/gals that use them. Make sure you check out the other boards as well.