Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Boy's first 17 1/2"er

Post Thanks / Like

Default Boy's first 17 1/2"er

He caught it on are local river and CPR it .I'm at myself for not haveing the scale with me to way this fish.It was a tall and very thick fish,I'm guessing 2 1/2 # easy.He was thrilled to let it go to,that makes this dad real proud of his son (replica time) . There's a pic of it on the brag board.
    :D Give a man a crappie you feed him for a day...teach a man to fish for crappie and get rid of him for the weekend!!!

Post Thanks / Like

How do I get to the bragging board?

CrappiePappy is offline Super Moderator - 2013 Man Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Exclamation brag board .....

to view pictures placed on the brag board - click on the "Sticky" message at the top of this forum ... go to Ed's post and click on the link there.
    (the sticky message isn't going anywhere - so there's no need to provide a seperate link) But, just in case you want to put the Brag Board in your "Favorites" or just want a direct addy to it - go here:
    http://www.crappie.com/classified/carview.php

And Lee ... tell your boy we are all proud of him - not only for catching such a beautiful fish, but for being such a good sportsman. He'll treasure the memories, the picture, and the "replica" mount for a lifetime. (we're also proud of you for teaching him) ...........luck2ya both .........cp

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by lebruce
    He caught it on are local river and CPR it .I'm at myself for not haveing the scale with me to way this fish.It was a tall and very thick fish,I'm guessing 2 1/2 # easy.He was thrilled to let it go to,that makes this dad real proud of his son (replica time) . There's a pic of it on the brag board.
    HI Lebruce,

If that fish was 17 1/2 inches then he had him a true 3.00+ right there. Was it a black or white crappie?
    Hold My beer and watch this sheeet!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Ive tried to acess the brag board several times but so far it hasnt completely loaded. I did get to see the top of several heads before i give up. anybody else having a hard time gettin it to load? Im on dial up so maybe thats the problem.
    listen with your eyes---its the only way to beleive what you hear...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rango
    Ive tried to acess the brag board several times but so far it hasnt completely loaded. I did get to see the top of several heads before i give up. anybody else having a hard time gettin it to load? Im on dial up so maybe thats the problem.
    That's a nice fish and I know Lebruce and his boy were proud. Rango, I have the same problem with the brag board. I suspect it's a problem at my end and not with the brag board itself. I live so far out in the country, that they must have pumping stations on the telephone lines, along the way, to keep a signal coming all the way out here. ---Pooch

frank lawhead is offline RIP Frank - Crystal is now posting on his behalf.
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Pooch
    That's a nice fish and I know Lebruce and his boy were proud. Rango, I have the same problem with the brag board. I suspect it's a problem at my end and not with the brag board itself. I live so far out in the country, that they must have pumping stations on the telephone lines, along the way, to keep a signal coming all the way out here. ---Pooch
    I,m sure its the dial-up --I was going crazy waiting so I bit the bullet and went high speed it sure makes a world of difference
    whiplash
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER

Barnacle Bill is offline Super Mod and 2014 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by lebruce
    You GOT to be proud, I certainly would be. Now I know why I can't find any biggens. They've all moved to Iowa.
    Fair Winds and Following Seas

Bill H. PTC USN Ret
    Chesapeake, Va

Post Thanks / Like

cp, I'll check on it later when I have more time. BTW, what is a "sticky message"?

Post Thanks / Like

Nice fish. A fish that size would definately be at the taxidermist for a real skin mount. A fish that size is just about at the end of its life cycle, let the 12 to 15 inchers do the main breeding. I have seen some of the reproduction mounts, and have only been impressed with a couple, most look very fake.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast