Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Frying Oil ?

Post Thanks / Like

Post Frying Oil ?

Hey yall; were having our church fish fry tomorrow, I normally buy the cheapest oil i can find. We usally fry for about 2hrs, About 2/3 the way threw the oil starts getting burnt, we use 3 fryers to fry with. Would it just be better to change out the oils about an 1hr into it or is there a oil that will last long enough to do the job.
    Your input please;;;;;;;;

Post Thanks / Like

Yessir, it is expensive. Use Peanut oil.

Quote Originally Posted by CrappieLips
    Hey yall; were having our church fish fry tomorrow, I normally buy the cheapest oil i can find. We usally fry for about 2hrs, About 2/3 the way threw the oil starts getting burnt, we use 3 fryers to fry with. Would it just be better to change out the oils about an 1hr into it or is there a oil that will last long enough to do the job.
    Your input please;;;;;;;;

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by fishingpox
    Yessir, it is expensive. Use Peanut oil.
    _-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Second the motion for peanut oil:D

Post Thanks / Like

I had heard that peanut oil was better never tryed it ill get some thanks guys

Post Thanks / Like

Peanut oil will stand up to higher temps way better than other oils because it has a higher smoke point. If you'll strain it when you're through, you should be able to use it again. aIt should last about 3 months or so.
    Vonna
    Yes, I fish like a girl. If you tried a little harder, you could too!!

Barnacle Bill is offline Super Mod and 2014 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Whatever happened to the good ole days when all you had was lard? Don't tell my heart doctor I said that.
    Fair Winds and Following Seas

Bill H. PTC USN Ret
    Chesapeake, Va

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by IBNFSHN
    Whatever happened to the good ole days when all you had was lard? Don't tell my heart doctor I said that.
    You know, I remember when both of my grandmama's kept a tin of bacon grease on the stove or in the fridge and got nervous if they got low on it because everything got a touch of it "just for flavor" from green beans to homemade biscuits!
    Vonna
    Yes, I fish like a girl. If you tried a little harder, you could too!!

fiddlefarter is offline Moderator Crappie Cover Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Mt. Juliet, TN...Percy Priest Lake/Old Hickory Lake
    Post Thanks / Like

I fried a couple of fillets for just myself in olive oil the other day to see how it did. They were pretty good and that stuff isn't supposed to be bad for you. It's expensive though so it wouldn't be the best choice for any more than a couple fillets. Peanut oil bought in big jugs at Sam's would be the best bet for a large fish fry I would think. You can strain it and put it back in the jugs and use again a couple more times. So that would save you money in the long run.
    Ya ain't holdin' your mouth right.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by IBNFSHN
    --------------------------------------------------LARD home page
    http://www.lard.net/

and ----- careful here-----------
    http://www.jwz.org/gruntle/lard.html

And Miss Crappiestalker, we still keep that bacon grease to flavor green beans,fried potatoes and whatever my wife thinks needs some help.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by whizkids
    _-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Second the motion for peanut oil:D

Also will agree 100% with the Peanut Oil....
    I won't be at work........I'm feelin' crappie today!
    ><)))*>

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast