Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Anybody getting any Crappie action?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Anybody getting any Crappie action?

Anybody having any luck with the Crappie in MD?

I managed to find one last week, but that was the extent of it. Tried mini-tubes, maribou jigs, small spinnerbaits,even tried tipping jigs with Gulp earthworms and Gulp maggots; NUTHIN'!

Come to think of it, I'm seldom able to locate more than one in a given spot, regardless of time of year. Only twice have I found a school; most of the time it's one here, one there, a couple further on, etc. I fish from the bank 99% of the time.

I certainly am NOT a Wally Marshall by any stretch, and I'm always open to suggestions.

Papermouth44

Post Thanks / Like

I've only been to Piney Run twice and nothing except some LM. Been to Tridelphia several times already this year and whether I'm casting, jigging or trolling, have only caught one from trolling and it was a dink. That one was caught on a spinner with a 2 1/2" tube. When I'm with my son-in-law in FLA, we use the same rig and catch them all day long.

Still trying to figure out what works in MD

Post Thanks / Like

Cheer up! I've been fishing MD for 50+ years, and I haven't figured it out yet, either.

I mostly fish 1.5" tubes below a bobber. Seem to have the most luck with a red body and white skirt on a contrasting color head. Also having a little luck with Road Runners.
    Bought a mess of spinnerbaits specifically sized for Crappie; Bass love 'em, but the next Crappie I catch on one will be the first.