Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Local writer and Local Legend at it again...Crappie article...You guys should like

Post Thanks / Like

Default Local writer and Local Legend at it again...Crappie article...You guys should like

Post Thanks / Like

Default Thanks for postin' that story, Rick!

Now I just let Lake Ouahita (Arkansas) kick my bootie Friday, but that article makes me want to get right back out there!

Ouahcita was impounded in the late '50's and the standing timber, well, it just "ain't what it used to be."

I caught a bunch o' fish Friday, but most were trash fish (while I was trollin' the 300's at about 14'. The drums and pickeral would not leave me alone..but the specks, they had my number. lol

Maybe next time I'll fish at the thermocline around the main lake points.

It's all fun, but MORE fun when my ice chest is like the guys in the article!

Thanks a bunch for sharin'!

aj

in a VAN down by the RIVER, Georgia/Alabama line
    Post Thanks / Like

thanks for sharing with us..

"If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles." ~Doug Larson

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks alot for that Rick, like an old man used to tell me; Let's go find e'm then we'll catch e'm!
    "Never Fry Bacon Naked"

Post Thanks / Like

I was reading about "how to find limbs on a tree" and got to wondering if them ole boys know how to swim....a nice dip to find a suitable tree and get cooled off followed by a 20 minute boat ride to get dried off and let things settle down and then....crappie!
    Jim (Ike) Isaac - San Diego CA

Purveyor of sea stories, fish tales
    and other prevarications.

Post Thanks / Like

Reminds us to KISS - Keep it Simple Stupid LOL. Sometimes we try to hard.

Great article.

Fatman

Post Thanks / Like

Default Keep`um coming

Hey Sac,thanks for the good articles great reading keep`um coming........Tknight
    The limit is how many you KEEP, not how many you CATCH! Cat. III Jigs/Custom Jig Poles

Post Thanks / Like

hey jime...I know that RR does do this with those old trees. He makes his own limbs. Like you can take the tops I make, drill a hole in the center top of the center piece and if the structure is 5 feet tall, you lower them down about 12 feet and tie it to the side and then you have horizantal cover on the side of the vertical tree...Make sense? Oh and the writer is like 300 pounds and RR (rabbit rogers) is about 70 so NO I doubt they will be jumping out and swimming down to find limbs. You won't do it very many times either after you catch a limb in the eye as the water is DARK and you have ZERO VISIBILITY...I tried it....Plus the trot lines on every tree too.
    Last edited by CrappiePappy; 08-25-2008 at 08:42 PM.