Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Foot Controlled Or Hand Controlled Trolling Motor

bigben Guest

Default Foot Controlled Or Hand Controlled Trolling Motor

Which do ya'll prefer.Now i don't mean the fancy aoto pilt gps controlled expensive models just the plain jane versions and what thrust do ya'll use on aluminum boats 16 ft and larger.thanks for your answers

Post Thanks / Like

Hand controlled only. 54 lb thrust Motorguide on a 185 Tracker, and I'm satisfied.
    If I Ain't Crappie Fishin', I'm Thinkin' About It............

frank lawhead is offline RIP Frank - Crystal is now posting on his behalf.
    Post Thanks / Like

If your fishin timber or jiggin I,d say a foot control----trollin a hand operated---can,t get too much thrust,if you don,t need it you don,t have to turn it up
    Last edited by frank lawhead; 08-24-2008 at 03:04 PM. Reason: add on
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER

Post Thanks / Like

Foot control for me, because I sometimes I like to sit and other times I'll stand. If I stood most of the time I could see where a hand control would be a benefit.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Trolling Motor

I have a foot control and it's hard on my back. A lot of folks don't realize why there back is hurting when they come off the lake, but a lot of it is the foot control cause's stress on your back.
    My next trolling motor will be a hand control mounted on the upper side so I won't have to reach to far.
    Just my own opinion on this, but I have used both and preferr the hand control.

crappie cowboy

Post Thanks / Like

depends on what you do with a trolling motor with my stiff angle and tightlining mostly i wouldnt trade my hand controll for the moon
    [never snap at the hand that feeds ya

Post Thanks / Like

I had a foot control on my old bass boat.It got replaced by a hand control and I like it much better. After using both types and I used the foot control TM for over ten years I perfer the hand control seems I got more control of the boat. The old foot control was cable steer and they would get slopy and needed ajusting quite often it had a mind of its own most of the time. Put the hand contolled motor on and it goes where you point it.
    MT.DEW AND JP8 IN THE MORNING GETS THE BLOOD FLOWING.

Barnacle Bill is offline Super Mod and 2014 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I prefer the Minnkota power drive. Not having to keep my foot on it all the time makes it much easier on my legs and back. My hands are always free and you can just point it and go. Options like the auto pilot just make it that much better. Jury is still out on the co-pilot.
    Fair Winds and Following Seas

Bill H. PTC USN Ret
    Chesapeake, Va

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by IBNFSHN View Post
    I prefer the Minnkota power drive. Not having to keep my foot on it all the time makes it much easier on my legs and back. My hands are always free and you can just point it and go. Options like the auto pilot just make it that much better. Jury is still out on the co-pilot.

thats what i here, so i bought a pd55 today and cant wait to try it, i don't even care if i catch any fish the first time out :D

Post Thanks / Like

Hand controlled here.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast