Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: STOCKTON LAKE back to normal

Post Thanks / Like

Default STOCKTON LAKE back to normal

what little fisning I have done on STOCKTON in the last few days has been good and getting better. been talking to the coffee shop bunch and they are starting to catch fish at stockton. so if you are wondering fish the trees 8 to 12 ft. down in 18to 20ft. of water. we have been catching them on bone white slab busters, and blue white slabbusters and on black/chartruse. there is a lot of shad as of now and from 1in.to 5in and there is a massive amount of them... I would say when they start feeding hard for winter it will be big fish time on STOCKTON . so If you are a big fish person you will be happy this fall. I think there will be a 3lb. caught at stockton this year. hope it's not me,I like them 11in been catching a lot of 13 and 14 and some 15in big crappie for STOCKTON good luck and remember to, dont over think just fish ... later all

Post Thanks / Like

How right you are Mr. Beagle, went yesterday with Just Loosen Tackle and his son. JLT had the hot hand when it came to size. His biggest was 1.3 lbs with several other fish over a pound. We ended up with 23 or 24 and what we caught were all healthy with bellies full of shad. I too noticed the large schools of shad in different sizes.

We ran into Frosty and his son, it was great seeing them. I am not sure how they ended up but it looked like they were catching fish. I also hope they didn't get caught in a storm. It looked bad at the boat ramp when we high tailed it out of there.

Speck is offline MO/MS Moderator and Fishing Legend * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like a good time. I may have to check this Stockton thing out some day.

Crazy Angler Pro Staff
    Crappie Logic Pro Staff

Post Thanks / Like

Nice meeting PB, JTL & son. Sorry we didn't get to visit more,we were in a hurry to fish.Had to wait for my son to get off work so it didn't leave much time. Caught 50 dinks and only two keepers. Then the front came in and couldn't catch nothing. Just got loaded and started out when the storm hit. Lots of lighting and rain. Look forward to meeting up with you all soon. Congrats on the catch!
    I just KNOW it was a big one!!!
    Mike

Post Thanks / Like

[QUOTE=beagle man;571197]what little fisning I have done on STOCKTON in the last few days has been good and getting better.

S H U U U S H ! ! J/K
    Last edited by FROSTY; 08-24-2008 at 12:27 PM.
    Mike

Post Thanks / Like

Frosty,
    Sounds like the auther of beagle basics is trying to bs us.
    Bender,
    Heard a toot toot about 7:30, wondered if youse got wet.
    Good going guys

Post Thanks / Like

Glad to hear things are looking up for you, Beagle!
    - LOZcrappie (Scott)

I would not exchange my leisure hours for all the wealth in the world. --Comte de Mirabeau (1749-1791)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by buzzmanmo View Post
    Frosty,
    Bender,
    Heard a toot toot about 7:30, wondered if youse got wet.
    Good going guys
    It was us that honked on the way by. We never got wet but did just miss the rain a few times.

Post Thanks / Like

Glad to here about the good reports on Stockton.:D It's sure alot closer than Truman for us. We can round trip Stockton as opposed to one way to Truman. But Truman is still smokeing hot right now.

Post Thanks / Like

[QUOTE=buzzmanmo;571250]Frosty,

Buzzy.....I don't think such a world renowned author, who's #1 best seller "Back To Beagle Basics" including life long trials and errors and a complete guide to fishing techniques, would do that to us......would he?
    Mike

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast