Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Spider Fishing In Post-spawn/ Pre-summer

Post Thanks / Like

Default Spider Fishing In Post-spawn/ Pre-summer

I have just lately began fishing with this method and have used the advice of everyone on this forum to help, BUT now that the season has progressed and the water temp is getting close to 80 degrees here in Tenn, my question is this:
    What do you do to keep on them thru the summer and what depths are you really looking for?

I understand the usual deep creek patterns , but at sometime do you move to the main river and the drops kinda like you would on bass. I have bass fished all my life and think I am a pretty good drop fisherman. I always thought that when the river temps reached 85 degrees the bass would be on the main lake. Just wondered if crappie would do the same.?

I have never really targeted crappie after the spawn and would like to continue trolling thru the summer months. Bass fishing has taken a back seat to this new found tatic. I hope my knowledge of the drops and creeks will help, but really need yalls input . Thanks in advance
    Jesus Saves!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Moose for your reply. I am really serious about staying on the crappie this summer, well really year round for that matter. I have enjoyed spider fishing so far and just want to get better at it . If I could burn those drops up all summer with a deepdiving crankbait for bass I know I can put that knowledge to use in pursuit of Mr. Crappie.

Anymore help on this subject would be appreciated.

Oh yeah, if this helps I live right on Ky. Lake. So everyone give me some tips.

Thanks in advance.
    Jesus Saves!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Moose1am

Even in the hot summertime the fish can be found feeding right under the surface over 25 ft of water.
    This is EXACTLY what my partner and I found at the Crappie USA Regional tournament help up at Clarks Hill on the weekend of 4/30.

We were fishing in 20 - 25 ft of water and catching fish anywhere from 2ft - 6 ft suspended.....
    I won't be at work........I'm feelin' crappie today!
    ><)))*>