Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: anyone been to Lake Cassidy yet this year

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up anyone been to Lake Cassidy yet this year

Should be about time for the bite on Crappie at sundown in along the shore in the lilly pads. ANyone try it yet.
    Tod

Post Thanks / Like

I haven't tried it yet. I've heard that a few crappie are being caught and that the water level is up pretty high. Should be a little easier to get a bigger boat in there. Let me know if ya hear anything about old cassidy.

angler Guest

Angry soon,very soon!!

Quote Originally Posted by iceshark
    Should be about time for the bite on Crappie at sundown in along the shore in the lilly pads. ANyone try it yet.
    Tod
    i have been there several times. i fished a couple hours yesterday evening trolling a little white wollybugger along the lilly pads with absolutley nothing,and saw no one else catching anything either.about a week ago i fished lake cassidy in my float tube using the same tactics as yesterday and caught 3 crappie and 1 nice 19 inch tripoloid.also fished badger lake near sedro wolley on sunday with no sucess.these crappie have got to start getting hungry!

Post Thanks / Like

It's like that everywhere this year. They seem to be a lot more sensitive than bass or perch to weather changes. I had caught a bunch out of Union about two and a half weeks ago when the weather was stable. Went back a week later and they had moved back out to deeper water and wouldn't hit a jig. With the weather looking pretty nasty for the next few weeks I don't think they will spawn until early/mid June.

Post Thanks / Like

I hit cassidy in about march and had some fun with bass, but no crappie.
    Eat your wheaties
    Okuma
    Sniper Lures Custom Baits
    Fetha' 'styx Custom Rods
    Outlaw Baits
    Reaction Innovations
    XS ENERGY DRINKS