Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Triton 2008 17 Explorer Fiberglass

Post Thanks / Like

Default Triton 2008 17 Explorer Fiberglass

Anyone own one of these boats? I think I have beat down the dealer as far as he would go on the price..His last offer was 12, 900 which I thought was a good price..it has a 50 hp merc on it as well as a lot of amenities already..brand new out the door price..just wondered before i splurged..

Post Thanks / Like

Have you compared the Stratos 176XT? Never seen either in person, but I know they compete head to head and the advertised price was close to your price at $13,995 (national advertised price) with a 50HP Yamaha. Might give it some thought.

Freshwater Fishing Boats : Bass Boats: Stratos Boats

Wannabe...
    Wannabe...v2.0
    A lot like the old Wannabe... except with fewer bad words. And Karate chop action. But, yes, still purtier than you.

Post Thanks / Like

Hmmm, just went to Triton's site and looked at the Explorer 17. Looks to be very comparable to the 176. Like I said, never seen either in person, but it appears to me the Triton does not carrie it's beam forward as much as the Stratos does. I'd measure the inside of the gunnels just in front of the console and again at the pedastal base and compare that to the Stratos.

Also noticed the Triton has the same advertised price as the Stratos. More than likely, the way boat sales have been this year, I'll bet you could get the Stratos at or very close to the same price as the Triton if it turns out you like it more.

Wannabe...
    Wannabe...v2.0
    A lot like the old Wannabe... except with fewer bad words. And Karate chop action. But, yes, still purtier than you.

Post Thanks / Like

I have the 2008 17 Explorer Triton and can say it is a nice boat. I looked at the stratos 176 and still bought the Triton. The fit and finish I liked better, plus the Stratos uses the "skiff" type hull which is not very deep.
    The only thing I will say is you will be sick if you get a 50 on either boat. The one I have has the 90 on it and it will run 52mph at best. I tested the Statos with the 50 and 70. The 70 is just ok but you will want more. I don't see a 50 even moving the Triton with any load in it at all.
    If you were anywere in Tn I would be glad to take you for a ride in it.

Post Thanks / Like

I thought the only glass boat was a Ranger!! I guess there are other brands out there that I have never heard of.