Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Heart test today

Post Thanks / Like

Default Heart test today

I had my Heart cath today. And the stints I had are 50% blocked. But I have one other that is 100%, And the doctor thinks it has been that way up to a year. It has bypassed its self. It has a few small vanes that are feeding blood.
    He thinks meds will work.
    My blood pressure is 120/70 he is trying to get me to take blood pressure meds.
    My cholesterol is perfect He is trying to get me to take that also.
    Then some other med to swell the vessels up where more blood can move.
    Going to a second opinion . I was telling them last year I had problems. OOOHhh that is not your heart. Now I get told it was OOOPPPPPPsss
    Can you tell I am getting where I hate doctors?

Pete

Post Thanks / Like

It always bothers me that all doctors claim to be practicing medicine. I couldn't imagine telling someone that just signed a contract with me to wire their house that I was practicing electrical contracting. Anyway best of luck hope all turns out well.

Post Thanks / Like

Can you tell I am getting where I hate doctors?

Pete
    Any with plenty of reason too................ Glad to hear your blood pressure is good actually for me that would be great..........Hope you get a great new Cardiologist Doc.
    I don't suffer from insanity; I enjoy every minute of it.....

PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER

NIMROD is offline Crappie.com Legend - Kids Corner Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like

Second Opinion Would Be My Thoughts Exactly!
    Moderator of Beginners n Mentoring forum
    Takeum Jigs

Post Thanks / Like

I thought they could put in a bigger size stint when they are in there and find that but no doubt there are alotta factors involved. You bet, get a 2nd opinion. Wishing you well. Atleast yur BP is good. Another thing that is very good is that even though any illness or health issue is not good atleast you are getting it addressed. Once you are satisfied about what the treatment should be you can go with it and are on the road to getting it taken care of. Take care.
    Shoer,
    12th Degree Ninja

Barnacle Bill is offline Super Mod and 2014 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Thats what caused the heart attack I had a few weeks ago. The stent that was installed back in 99 had clogged up. They were able to clear it with the ballon thingy. I'm am lucky, we have some really great heart doctors at Chesapeake General. Whats even scarier is the EKG tests shows I had another heart attact at some time between those 2.
    Fair Winds and Following Seas

Bill H. PTC USN Ret
    Chesapeake, Va

Post Thanks / Like

Shilo,
    Couple of years ago went through a whole mess of tests for my heart. Tread mill, cath etc. Bottom line is that I had less than 20% blockage anywhere. They gave me the old 'for your age you're in good shape' line. My brother in law is a GP and he sent me for all this stuff and he put me on blood pressure and cholesterol meds (mild doses). I only had a problem with the BP when I had been on the tread mill for about 25 minutes and they were busting my butt. He explained it to me that since I had a history of heart problems in my family, my father, and although my cholesterol was always around 180 or so, he wanted to keep my cholesterol down to about 125 so nothing would start. Sometimes that stuff is preventative. The hardest part in all this is finding a doctor that you trust. If you still have trouble or don't get what you need look into the Vanderbilt doctors. They now have one of the best heart facilities in the world.

A day late, a dollar short and two drinks behind.

poppop is offline Crappie.com Legend * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I was concerned this spring...my pulse was averaging about 43 per minute..pretty low I was thinking. So I went to a well known cardiologist....he asked what I was doing there...I told him my pulse was low....he asked, how do you know? I told him I checked it...and he asked why did you check it... I told him because I thought it was beating to slow. I though that was a really dumb exchange to start off the session. Long story short, tread mill....and all the other tests...no problems... the cardiologist ended up telling me, well you have the heart beat of a marathon runner.... I hope he is right because I have the body more like a sumo wrestler. Sometimes I just don't understand how some of these doctors can keep their licenses as goofy as they are.

Post Thanks / Like

Pete: I know what you mean about Drs. ,Havn't seen one in a while that I like, The diff- between us & them is,We have to live with our mistake,& they bury theirs:D,
    Just hang in the Buddy,,,Mark.

Bob # 1 is offline Moderator Fisherman's Memorial Forum * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Had triple by-pass, the best thing ever had done.
    Not a great fan of stints, do your own research, and get a second opinion.

Prayers are with you.
    ------------------------------------------------------------

Testimonials
    Night fishing tips 101
    Temperature Guide Crappie

Fishing lights

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast