Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Well Worth It

shipahoy41 is offline Crappie.com Legend - 2022 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Well Worth It

You should take about two minutes and read this full article. It is well worth it. It appeared in Game and Fish Magazine.

Mike

Tips on Catching Bull Bluegills
    Aquatic Species Removal Engineer.
    May God be with you. Keep CALM and STAY ANCHORED with your faith.

Post Thanks / Like

Mike,

Thanks for the link.

Fatman

Post Thanks / Like

Good article. Thanks for posting!

Scott

Bob # 1 is offline Moderator Fisherman's Memorial Forum * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Great article, thanks for sharing Son
    Dad
    ------------------------------------------------------------

Testimonials
    Night fishing tips 101
    Temperature Guide Crappie

Fishing lights

Post Thanks / Like

It's good, but like 99% of all bluegill articles, it focuses on the spawn. I'd love to see some post-spawn/pre-spawn stuff. In-Fishermen will occasionally put out something like this, but they're about the only ones. My theory on this is that most people forget about gills unless they're spawning. (Ice fishing is an exception to this.)

Post Thanks / Like

Default Buddy of mine...

Quote Originally Posted by deathb4disco View Post
    It's good, but like 99% of all bluegill articles, it focuses on the spawn. I'd love to see some post-spawn/pre-spawn stuff. In-Fishermen will occasionally put out something like this, but they're about the only ones. My theory on this is that most people forget about gills unless they're spawning. (Ice fishing is an exception to this.)
    that's big into gills made me a couple of spinner rigs that he copied from some store bought ones (can't remember the brand). They are similar to crawler rigs but smaller w/ hooks closer together sorta like a walleye rig w/ colorado gold and silver blades. Both him and I have done really well in 15-20' water slow trolling these with red/leaf worms (not crawlers) in mid summer. FYI.

Life has many choices, eternity has two...choose wisely.
    Unapplied biblical truth is like unapplied paint...how many gallons do you have sittin' around? U.D.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by yankee doodler View Post
    They are similar to crawler rigs but smaller w/ hooks closer together sorta like a walleye rig w/ colorado gold and silver blades. Both him and I have done really well in 15-20' water slow trolling these with red/leaf worms (not crawlers) in mid summer. FYI.
    I have heard of this before. Good to know it's worked for you. Once the water cools a little, I'm going to try it out of my float tube.

chaunc is offline 2014 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Ship, good article but it's a little late to post it. Was hoping it had some summer techniques in it.

Post Thanks / Like

yankee doodler
    Trophy King Join Date: Feb 2008

Buddy of mine...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote:
    Originally Posted by deathb4disco

that's big into gills made me a couple of spinner rigs that he copied from some store bought ones (can't remember the brand). They are similar to crawler rigs but smaller w/ hooks closer together sorta like a walleye rig w/ colorado gold and silver blades. Both him and I have done really well in 15-20' water slow trolling these with red/leaf worms (not crawlers) in mid summer. FYI.
    Any chance of posting picture of crawler rig--ThanksHow deep will these go
    I don't suffer from insanity; I enjoy every minute of it.....

PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER

shipahoy41 is offline Crappie.com Legend - 2022 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by chaunc View Post
    Ship, good article but it's a little late to post it. Was hoping it had some summer techniques in it.
    Summer is a great time to catch some 'Gills when you can't find crappies.

Went to Cullman Lake.

Caught 60 Gills. Brought home 30. Biggest ten of them were pushing 2 lbs almost covering the lid on my cooler. They all had to face the knife....then the frying pan...then the hot sauce!!! Not bad for 'Gills.

Aquatic Species Removal Engineer.
    May God be with you. Keep CALM and STAY ANCHORED with your faith.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast