Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Triton TA-196

Post Thanks / Like

Default Triton TA-196

Is there anyone close to Atlanta, Ga that owns a Triton TA 196? I'm thinking about buying one but haven't been able to see one up close. I'd like to take a ride in one before I start making payments on one for half my life( or so it seems). It would be even better if I could go fishing on one to see how someone else rigs them up.
    To heck with work, lets go fishing.

Post Thanks / Like

Dang Score...I left mine at Lake Talquin last weekend...I hope you do find someone that can show you one my friend...They are nice boats.:D

in a VAN down by the RIVER, Georgia/Alabama line
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TnT View Post
    Dang Score...I left mine at Lake Talquin last weekend...I hope you do find someone that can show you one my friend...They are nice boats.:D
    you only fishing Talquin till spring?? and don't you have some picks of your setup??/i thought I saw it on here

hope you find one to look at score.. Those payments are rough. Guess I'll never get a "new" boat. I hate payments... But you are young

"If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles." ~Doug Larson

in a VAN down by the RIVER, Georgia/Alabama line
    Post Thanks / Like

looks like a setup to me monkscrappie.com..i think

"If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles." ~Doug Larson

Post Thanks / Like

yes monk has one. Thought about buying one also. There is a dealer I think down in Perry that sells them but I was unable to find one up here in our neck of the woods. I know Russ from Midwest Crappie has one and gets a new one every year from Triton. Maybe you could contact him and see if you could buy his when he gets his new one. I think he dumps it off for half the price of a new one. I know he is planning on fishing Weiss this Nov with a guide friend of mine and is towing his boat down there. I hope to maybe meet him and look at that sweet ride. But is is a far MAYBE

Post Thanks / Like

I went to the dealer in Perry, Ga. this weekend. They were supposed to be checking on the availability of a TA-196 for me. I just got a phone call from them and this boat has been discontinued. Looks like 08 is the last year. I'm not sure which way I'm going to go now. I don't really want to pay the higher interest rates of a used boat. Guess I'm going to have to find something different.

monkscrappie is offline Crappie.com 1K Star General * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Triton 196 Ta

THE TRITON 196 TA HAS BEEN DISCONTINUED BY TRITON. A DEALER IN ILL. HAS (2) 60 MODELS LEFT OVER. IF ANYONE IS INTERESTED, SEND ME A PM AND I WILL FORWARD HIS ADDRESS.

THES BOATS ARE EQUIPTED WITH 150 OPTIMAX MERCS AND TANDUM AXLE TRAILERS.

MONK Welcome to MonksCrappie.com

Post Thanks / Like

I talked to him yesterday and he only has one left. The one he has he wants 25k for. That's not a bad price except for as soon as you buy it it drops 7-8k in value. When I talked to him he was rude and really made me not want to do business.
    Quote Originally Posted by monkscrappie View Post
    THE TRITON 196 TA HAS BEEN DISCONTINUED BY TRITON. A DEALER IN ILL. HAS (2) 60 MODELS LEFT OVER. IF ANYONE IS INTERESTED, SEND ME A PM AND I WILL FORWARD HIS ADDRESS.

THES BOATS ARE EQUIPTED WITH 150 OPTIMAX MERCS AND TANDUM AXLE TRAILERS.

MONK Welcome to MonksCrappie.com

Post Thanks / Like

That is a dang shame that they are discontinuing that boat. I had my wife talked into a new boat and She pretty much lets me make the decision on what boat because she knows I will be the one using it most of the time. But She has been telling me for a couple years now that I need a new boat. I told her to figure the money out and I would get the Triton. It will be another year probably before I can do it but I don't think I'll be getting the 196. Will have to find another make that I can work with.CF
    The Original Woodsgoat Hater
    2011 NWR Bash Yellow Perch Champion

monkscrappie is offline Crappie.com 1K Star General * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Default 06

You Are Right. A New 06 Sold Today Is On The Blue Books For Current Value. However, If You Plan To Keep The Boat For Many Years, It Makes No Difference Years From Now.

Most Banks Finance Based On Current Value!

Monk Monkscrappie.com.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast