Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: VietVet ... Thanks !

CrappiePappy is offline Super Moderator - 2013 Man Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up VietVet ... Thanks !

and any of you other PowerPro line users - take his advice on getting a pair of Childs Fiskar scissors, to cut your PowerPro line !! I tried a little of everything I own (including SS hospital scissors, pocket knife, surgical scalpel, heavy duty nail clippers) ... and ended up with a ragged end, if it would even cut it Cigarette/lighter was better than any of the "cutting" tools ... but left a melt knot on the line end, that was troublesome to get thru a small jighead line eye :rolleyes: Got a pair of the Fiskars and tried them out .......... they're now hanging on my PFD, along with my "lucky towel" -- nuff said ??

Thanks for the tip, bro ... luck2ya ....cp

Post Thanks / Like

You got to use sissors, braid is to hard on everything else.I saw a person bite through it once. I just sat there and looked amazed.
    Eat your wheaties
    Okuma
    Sniper Lures Custom Baits
    Fetha' 'styx Custom Rods
    Outlaw Baits
    Reaction Innovations
    XS ENERGY DRINKS

Cane Pole is offline Crappie.com 2011 Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Haha...sooooo

Try STREN....Solves many troubs...Don't be so hi-tech..that's my job...hahahaha
    Member BS Pro-Staff and Billbob Pro-Staff
    Proud Member of Team Geezer... authorized by: billbob and "G"

Post Thanks / Like

Default That is a good one !!!

I don't care who you are ?? That's Funny :D :D

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Cane Pole
    Try STREN....Solves many troubs...Don't be so hi-tech..that's my job...hahahaha
    The "STREN" and "hi-tech" jarred my memory.

Back several years ago (80's I think), at the Indianapolis Boat show. Stren and Trilene had a booth right next to each other. Stren had a "hi-tech" line/knot testing machine. I had went to the show with several members of our Green Carp club, and we started testing our favorite knots, mostly the clinch and improved clinch. Without a knot, Stren and Trilene were almost dead even, with almost any knot Trilene ate Stren's lunch! Shortly we had 30-40 people watching the tests, it got so bad that Stren's Reps. put away the machine and left their booth without saying a word. It never re-opened while we were there, and a couple of guys that went back Sunday said they never saw the Rep's in the booth that day either.

The following year the two booth's were a considerable distance apart, and Stren had somehow managed to lose their "hi-tech" knot/line testing machine. We asked the new Rep's about the incident and they did not have any recollection of that ever happening. It was years before I ever fished Stren again, and then I only went to their GOLD for "flippin" because it was the only game in town. I'm sure the technology over the years have made both brands a better quality, but on that one weekend, years ago.....Stren sucked!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Stren has done me well

Vet, even though I found your story interesting. I don't think I will change my opinion of stren. Thanks for the info though. I have been useing Stren for 30 years and have never had problems with it. I have tried a lot of other brands and every time I go right back to stren. My experience with trilene was not good and, I will not buy it even if it's on sale. Freedom of choice and to each their own.
    I'm sick of following my dreams. I'm just going to ask them where they're goin' and hook up with them later.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PIGINTHEPIGPEN
    Vet, even though I found your story interesting. I don't think I will change my opinion of stren. Thanks for the info though. I have been useing Stren for 30 years and have never had problems with it. I have tried a lot of other brands and every time I go right back to stren. My experience with trilene was not good and, I will not buy it even if it's on sale. Freedom of choice and to each their own.
    I never posted it to change anyones opinion, I posted it because it happened.

Post Thanks / Like

Default no problem vet

I'm glad you posted it. I found it interesting. Thanks again
    I'm sick of following my dreams. I'm just going to ask them where they're goin' and hook up with them later.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PIGINTHEPIGPEN
    I'm glad you posted it. I found it interesting. Thanks again
    You are welcome....

Post Thanks / Like

Speaking of line, i have used Stren for over 30 years and always satisfied, but i was looking for some new Hi Vis line and found Mr. Crappie 6 lb. Hi Vis on BPS on sale so i tried it. I liked the line for about a month but now i realize it is loosing it's strength rapidly. Alot faster than Stren.

Now, I live on the lake and my rods stay out in the boat in the weather all the time, so i know that makes it worse, but literally, the line color is even fading to clear, and i can break it easily with just my bare hands tying a knot. I've never done this with Stren.

Just and observation..any thoughts?
    " I believe in compulsory cannibalism. If people were forced to eat what they killed, there would be no more war. " Abbie Hoffman

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast