Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: 12 O these,12 O them,12 O those~lots of fish

Post Thanks / Like

Default 12 O these,12 O them,12 O those~lots of fish

Headed to the rail this morning to do my usual tagging efforts - tagged and released 12 FLOUNDER....saw Lil Suzy ride out in search of big fish once again.....all the charter slot were empty too....they were trolling off sandbridge back & forth.....Steve called and said he had 12 MULLET and was fishing off the beach at Dam Neck if I wanted to join him he had plenty of bait.....On my way home he calls me back and asked why we did not head to BG as usual....she is off doing yard sale stuff bla bla bla ......he says he would mind going trolling a bit since the surf is covered in grass.....to my house he comes and we give K Meyer a buzz and see if'n he wants to go too.....he has never caught spanish before....Steve & I get to OC and Kevin & Racheal (she brought me 12 GLAZED DONUTS) hop on board and out we go....3 lines in, 2 inlines w/ a 4 and a 8 - third deployed on the planer.....12 SECONDS in the hunt ~ FISH ON ! We troll past down past the golf ball and catch 12 BLUEFISH, but no Macs .....turned around, looped back, zig zagged - nothing but blues ! Steve said but he wanted 12 SPANISH MACS to take home to the family.....it was not to be. So we packed in the rigs and headed 12 MILES to the tiger wreck where we found 12 IDIOTS on a dive boat talking dirty and not being very nice to the other boats there.....we left right away and headed to the "Tower Area" 12 MINUTES away from the CLT at 12 KNOTS and I told the crew we could go get some spadefish if they wanted .......got there to find but 1 other boat......lines in and 12 HEARTBEATS later it was FISH ON ! We kept 12 SPADEFISH and I tagged another 12 SPADEFISH for the program.....Kevin & Steve caught about 12 SEABASS too- tagged and released as well......Kevin caught a 12" TRIGGERFISH...tagged and released it too.....saw a 12lb BARRACUDA, Steve offered it a live blue fish but it turned away eased off into the deep..... back in around 4pm and had a nice day on the water .........fun for all and everybody went home with fresh Spadefish

VIRGINIA GAMEFISH TAGGING PROGRAM MEMBER

Post Thanks / Like

Hmm, Sounds like you like your dozen.
    Son of Racoon, Friend of whiskerwhipper, FHB to all.

Post Thanks / Like

sounds like a good day racn i have caught a few of those tagged flounder this year. they have brown tags in them hard to find more than 2 a day over 19 but its alot of fun. at the rocks and rich mans cove.
    Never take the advice of someone who has not had your kind of trouble!

Post Thanks / Like

HEADING BACK DOWN AROUND 8 - Wednesday is free parking day - did you know that ?

VIRGINIA GAMEFISH TAGGING PROGRAM MEMBER

Post Thanks / Like

no did not thx i will keep that in mind.
    Never take the advice of someone who has not had your kind of trouble!