Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Shenango 5/11/05

Post Thanks / Like

Default Shenango 5/11/05

Started at 6:45 around 846. Caught 6 nice crappie 11-12" and 18 large gills all on small minnows. Crappie came at 4' with golden tru turn and the gills on a small pink and white jig. Saw 1 guy across the lake wading and catching well over a dozen crappie (used binos). The wind and cold blew in about 8:20 and the bite died. May try it again tonight at Tent City or head over to squito and try the 88 causeway. Hate to take the boat out on these iffy weather days. Anyone else fishing Shenango? Take care. Gary

Post Thanks / Like

Fished it on tuesday evening and got some small crappie and a perch. Nothing big. Fished till the little storm came and couldn't make it out after. Hopefully will get out soon. Later.

REDNECK

Post Thanks / Like

I'm heading up this weekend to fish as much as I can. I am at work and can't wait to get out of here.... getting the itch. I will let you guys know how I did. The weather has been a little goofy, but I hope this last week helped with the spawn

Post Thanks / Like

good luck this weekend. will you be in a boat or on shore. i would concentrate on wood and bays. let us know how you did. i did not go out last night i had some work come up and i had to get to it. i think the weather had it shout down any ways. gary

Post Thanks / Like

I will be fishing from shore. Hopefully next year I will have a boat! I will let you know how I do. I have a couple spots I go to every year and usually find them hitting somewhere. My cousin went out last weekend and didn't do too good. He ran into a park ranger and he said that the lake has to get up to at least 54 degrees before they really turn on. The weather this week has been really nice, so I'm hoping they have turned on.

Dan