Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Hey Herm

Post Thanks / Like

Default Hey Herm

I saw your post on trolling. Could you go into a little more detail on what your are doing? I am guessing that you are flat line trolling behind the boat. what size line are you useing? What depth are you having the most success at? How deep is the water you are fishing? Are you useing grubs, tubes or something else? Are you finding speed to be a factor in your trolling? Sorry to bog you down with so many questions. There is nobody in my neck of the woods that fishes like that but I have heard and seen on TV that it is very productive. I would like to try it. I just want to make sure I know what I'm doing before I do. Thanks for the help! Good Luck. CF
    The Original Woodsgoat Hater
    2011 NWR Bash Yellow Perch Champion

Post Thanks / Like

Hey CF, Size of 4 pound test,Your Guessing is on the money flat line trolling behind the boat and on each side.The depth that I have the most success at is 8 to 12 feet most of the time. I have not uesed tubes yet but I think that they will work, I have used live bait to, but mostly grubs for now. For the speed I troll at I put the trolling motor as slolw as it will go, I dont have a GPS but I would guess 1.5. I hope this helps you out, and no your not bugging me at all glad to help. Good fishing, Herm

Post Thanks / Like

Hey crappie farmer I'm from Louisiana and we troll here also but most people
    still jig. What I wanted to add is if you find a spot that always picks up one
    or two fish on every pass you may be tempted to stop and try jigging and you may
    pick up a few but for the most part the fish only want the bait moving. So what
    I've learned is to find out the depth and ajust a bobber to a foot above this
    and make a cast over the spot and reel in slowly this keeps you from having to
    keep making circles and spending time over unproductive waters because we all
    know we its on its on and when its off its off so you want to concentrate on
    the best spots more cause it don't always last long. Hey let me know if it
    works for you are not . good luck

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks fellas for the info. I'm think I'll try trolling next time I go out. CF
    The Original Woodsgoat Hater
    2011 NWR Bash Yellow Perch Champion