Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Lake Darling Saturday

Post Thanks / Like

Default Lake Darling Saturday

I've heard that the DNR is draining this lake this fall to fix the dam (?). I hope they do something to improve the fishery while they're at it. Anyway, water looked to be about a foot low. Does this impact the fishing? I dunno but it couldn't get any worse. 5 small cats (and I mean small), 1 bluegill, and a pretty nice 15" bass between 2 of us in 4 hours of fishing.

This is a beautiful lake. The DNR oughtta open it up to waterskiing and such, because it ain't a fishing lake. Your tax dollars at work...

Post Thanks / Like

Camped once here last year and fished it once this year. Summer heat was really starting to kick in. All spawns were over by this time. Caught a few of the dink catfish your were speaking about. Would be nice for the DNR to put some fish attractors in this lake.
    One gripe about the lake that I noticed. My Iowa book said the lake was deeper than I found it to be. For the most part it was 5 foot deep or shallower. Too bad they wouldnt dredge the lake in different areas to introduce different types of attractors.