Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Willow Leaf Blade Question on RR's & some pics

Post Thanks / Like

Default Willow Leaf Blade Question on RR's & some pics

First I am playing with the idea of getting some brass willow leaf blades to put on some Road Runners and would really like to know what you guys think about that.

Thanks,

Skip

Next here is a few more RR's pics...

Peak Vise Dealer
    Tying Materials, Chenille and Hackle
    For Pictures of my Crystal, Nylon/Rayon or
    New Age Chenille Please PM Me! Also I
    have the Saltwater Neck Hackle and some
    colors of Marabou plus other things!

Post Thanks / Like

I am on Road Runner's pro staff and I have been gettin willow leaf blades for a while now. I use them all the time. I don't even use the standard blades any more. I think you will be satisfied with them. I use chrome and brass and I have been sucessful with both.

Post Thanks / Like

I think the blades would work fine and I really like the 2 and last pics.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by possumcop View Post
    I am on Road Runner's pro staff and I have been gettin willow leaf blades for a while now. I use them all the time. I don't even use the standard blades any more. I think you will be satisfied with them. I use chrome and brass and I have been sucessful with both.
    The only hing that make me hesitate is people need to want that. Not only do I have to buy the blades separate I have to put a special note on each pack if I use blades that don't say Road Runner on them. I can't see buying 1000 blades if not many want them is all.

Thanks for the info though as I have a few I am going to try this fall and next spring.

Thanks,

Skip

Peak Vise Dealer

Post Thanks / Like

I use the brass-colored willow-leaf RRs in 1/8 oz--I think that's the smallest available--and I troll with them quite successfully. The naked heads come in white and chartruse at Wal-Mart and they carry both willow-leaf and colorado bladed bodies.

Because of my success this year, I don't use the colorado-type blades anymore. Willow-leafs seem to shed themselves of slime and other junk in the water better than the colorado blades and they offer plenty of flash and good results.

aj

Post Thanks / Like

Skip

Depending on the size of the willow leaf blades the only thing I can think of is you might need to use a smaller split ring so the blade doesn't get hung up with the hook/hook setting.

Fatman

Post Thanks / Like

Interesting feed back guys thanks!

I put one of the blades I got as a sample for 1/16 and tried them on the 1/32 and so far they look like they will work great.

Think I am going to get a bunch of Brass and maybe Nichol willow leaf blades in case anyone want them in place of the ones that come on the RR's.

I do see that the blade that comes on them though is a heavier blade and they say it makes a better thump coming through the water, but I don't know that for my self.

Skip

Peak Vise Dealer

Post Thanks / Like

Brass willow blades would be good on 1/32 rr's I been having better luck with brass then silver. Only problem once was a brass blank blade I got for making
    ZIP style blades a few years back then turned green on me!!! ya never ordered those again. But I am so sure yours ship are good I will be ordering some, when I get time to figure out my colors besides chart(lite green) & lite blue with that silver strands mixed in.
    I don't suffer from insanity; I enjoy every minute of it.....

PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jaxsprat View Post
    Brass willow blades would be good on 1/32 rr's I been having better luck with brass then silver. Only problem once was a brass blank blade I got for making
    ZIP style blades a few years back then turned green on me!!! ya never ordered those again. But I am so sure yours ship are good I will be ordering some, when I get time to figure out my colors besides chart(lite green) & lite blue with that silver strands mixed in.
    I still have to order the brass blades and am trying to find one I like and what size I want and or need. Not sure I will get the Nichol too, but I may.

Thanks Jack,
    Skip

Peak Vise Dealer

Post Thanks / Like

Default willow leaf Blades

Where are you guys buying these smaller blades.The smallest I can find are #3.Am looking for #0-1-2

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast