Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Kilt 'em last night...

Post Thanks / Like

Default Kilt 'em last night...

down on Swan lake in Allegan co. I've fished this lake several times before and always do really well. Took an old fishin' buddy of mine that I haven't fished with for a while. We came off Swan with 31 in just under 2 hours.
    I think there are way too many fish and not enough food 'cause the biggest ones we caught were 9" ranging down to 6". We pulled the boat and went over to Eagle lake (about 6 miles away) and fished until dark. We only caught one and lost several more. There are less specks, but they are much bigger. The one we put in the box was 11" and one that by buddy hooked and we got right to the boat when it got off I think was well over 14" which is pretty good for up here in MI.

The pics that follow are of fish I caught in Eagle and Swan but are not from last night.
    Attached Images Attached Images     

Life has many choices, eternity has two...choose wisely.
    Unapplied biblical truth is like unapplied paint...how many gallons do you have sittin' around? U.D.

Post Thanks / Like

Cool beans, good job!
    Reaper, Where Fish come to Fry

Cane Pole is offline Crappie.com 2011 Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Just right eatin' size and can clean 'em in a sec. Good catchin'.

Tom
    Member BS Pro-Staff and Billbob Pro-Staff
    Proud Member of Team Geezer... authorized by: billbob and "G"

Post Thanks / Like

Nice catch
    Soldiers and Firefighters. Some people were meant to call 911, Some were meant to BE 911

Post Thanks / Like

wtg.

Post Thanks / Like

Nice catch.

Gonefission
    Bill

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by yankee doodler View Post
    down on Swan lake in Allegan co. I've fished this lake several times before and always do really well. Took an old fishin' buddy of mine that I haven't fished with for a while. We came off Swan with 31 in just under 2 hours.
    I think there are way too many fish and not enough food 'cause the biggest ones we caught were 9" ranging down to 6". We pulled the boat and went over to Eagle lake (about 6 miles away) and fished until dark. We only caught one and lost several more. There are less specks, but they are much bigger. The one we put in the box was 11" and one that by buddy hooked and we got right to the boat when it got off I think was well over 14" which is pretty good for up here in MI.

The pics that follow are of fish I caught in Eagle and Swan but are not from last night.
    What kind of water temp. are you getting up there Yank.
    Reel foot yankee

Post Thanks / Like

Great catch. Hopefully you can sustain the streak.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ReelfootYankee View Post
    What kind of water temp. are you getting up there Yank.
    It was up in the low 80's a couple of weeks ago, but that night it was back down to 77. The fish always seem to suspend around 5-6' down no matter what depth they are in. Themocline.

Life has many choices, eternity has two...choose wisely.
    Unapplied biblical truth is like unapplied paint...how many gallons do you have sittin' around? U.D.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Y.D. Reason why' I was up there last mo. and man was it nice wheather !! During the day, it got hot like old times up north! But this southern wheather after 20 years you think i would get used to it but 100/97 98 99 This old butcher just got to used to the cold I guess! Paw Paw, Kalamazoo. Now it sure was nice in benton harbour sitten and sippen a few On the lake!! man i sure miss it up there!
    Reel foot yankee

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast