Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Anybody else fish Bridgeport

Post Thanks / Like

Question Anybody else fish Bridgeport

Hey all,
    Looking for some kind hearted person that may be willing to give me a few pointers for Lake Bridgeport. I have just started fishing there (close to home) and have limited time and resources to fish the way I want. Everytime I get a chance it's either windy as heck or raining.
    Would really like to learn a few areas on Bridgeport to catch some crappie. Any help would be appreciated.
    Thanks,

Crap Pie

Post Thanks / Like

Guess not Huh?

Crap Pie

Post Thanks / Like

Do A search, I don't know where the lake is but I think I"ve seen some post on it in recent months.

Post Thanks / Like

where is bridgeport

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sticko
    where is bridgeport
    Bridgeport Texas is Northwest of Dallas/Ft Worth. Lake Bridgeport is West of town. Nice lake just not as well known as some of the others. I'm just trying to find my way around on it a day or so a month.
    I don't have the time I'd like to have to scout it, so....... that's why I asked initially.
    It's close to home for a monthly outing

Post Thanks / Like

Default Lake Bridgeport Crappie

Sorry I didn't respond sooner. Been off posting on my flying websites.
    I normally launch at Wise County Park on the far north end of the lake.
    Just west of the ramp there are a couple islands. I've had more luck west of the larger island and a little ways up the creek that enters the lake right there.

If you head down the river channel to where the Trinity joins in, there is a huge circular area right before you go out into the main lake. Work the shoreline areas to the south of this big area. When you find the brush, you'll find the slabs. The depth along the mentioned areas range from 15 to 35 feet and I've always caught crappie there, all year, even during the spawn.

The bridge is great during colder months.

South of the bridge (Hwy 380) is another good area for this time of year. Lots of stumps and brush. With the water up like it is, you should do good there also.

Good luck and let me know if you fill the live well with some tasty slabs.

Mike Reddick
    Ft Worth, TX
    ps: if you see a small, fast, little plane buzzing the lake, it's probably me checking the water conditions.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mrreddick
    Sorry I didn't respond sooner. Been off posting on my flying websites.
    I normally launch at Wise County Park on the far north end of the lake.
    Just west of the ramp there are a couple islands. I've had more luck west of the larger island and a little ways up the creek that enters the lake right there.

If you head down the river channel to where the Trinity joins in, there is a huge circular area right before you go out into the main lake. Work the shoreline areas to the south of this big area. When you find the brush, you'll find the slabs. The depth along the mentioned areas range from 15 to 35 feet and I've always caught crappie there, all year, even during the spawn.

The bridge is great during colder months.

South of the bridge (Hwy 380) is another good area for this time of year. Lots of stumps and brush. With the water up like it is, you should do good there also.

Good luck and let me know if you fill the live well with some tasty slabs.

Mike Reddick
    Ft Worth, TX
    ps: if you see a small, fast, little plane buzzing the lake, it's probably me checking the water conditions.

Thank you very much Sir,
    I'll get the map out and plot my next outing, which looks like within the week. I have fished the Hwy 380 bridge a few times with minnows and caught a few crappie, but I've never went south of it.
    How deep is the brush and stumps south of the bridge (no electronics on my floater)?
    I really appreciate the information, and I'll let you know how I do.

Crap Pie
    And if you see someone standing up in a small boat waving at you..........That will probably be me. Thanks!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Bridgeport Crappie

Quote Originally Posted by crap pie
    Thank you very much Sir,
    I'll get the map out and plot my next outing, which looks like within the week. I have fished the Hwy 380 bridge a few times with minnows and caught a few crappie, but I've never went south of it.
    How deep is the brush and stumps south of the bridge (no electronics on my floater)?
    I really appreciate the information, and I'll let you know how I do.

Crap Pie
    And if you see someone standing up in a small boat waving at you..........That will probably be me. Thanks!

The area south of the 380 bridge really varies. Right now the lake is less than two foot low so there are a lot of brushy areas with up to 10 feet of water.
    I flew over it yesterday and it looks a little muddy at the far south end and west where the Trinity comes in. They got pounded pretty good over the weekend. The main lake was so clear it made me wish I had a float plane!
    The lake report says the crappie are good and the sandies are excellant.
    Good Luck!

Mike R.
    "If you see a small plane rocking it's wings- with a checkerboard rudder - That will probably be me!"

Post Thanks / Like

mrreddick

Thanks for the info, looks like it will be another week before I can get back out. But I will try below the bridge.
    Thanks again,

Crap Pie