Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: hueston woods

Post Thanks / Like

Default hueston woods

By far the best crappie fishing night of my life and I'm 25 years old. My buddy and I got on the water about 4:45. The conditions were perfect, overcast, winds light and water temperature in the low to mid 60's. We fished the west shore for 2 hours and brought home 22 crappie between 10" and 12" We caught a total of 35 crappie and only 4 fish were under 9" and not by much. Our night was cut a little short due the thunder we were hearing, so we headed back. Wow what a night!!!!! Good luck everybody.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the info. We love fishing right before a storm and I wondered if that one would chase you off the water. We live about 20 miles north of there and it was flat out scary for a while.

This front will put things off for a while, but I'll bet the bite's back on in a few days..- Roberta
    "Anglers are born honest,
    but they get over it." - Ed Zern

Post Thanks / Like

Wow, looks like my buddy and I left the party to early. We left at about 3:30. We fished the Sugar camp and the Spillway. Nothing much there. I think I should have grabbed my boat and checked things out that way. But, I felt the wind would be a nuisance. Great going!!!

Gloves up!
    Rick.
    Formally: BoxingRef_Rick.

Post Thanks / Like

Default hueston woods

We tried fishing in the open water for a while but caught nothing. All the fish we caught were in the cover... holdin' tight to it.

Post Thanks / Like

howdy hoytman; just have to ask... is hoyt your last name? if so we share it. my part of the family comes from Bergen co. N.J. butI was born and raised in Pa. if so i have a funny story to tell ya. tarfu

Post Thanks / Like

Default hueston woods

Actually I shoot a Hoyt bow for hunting and competition. Thats how I got the name hoytman.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by HOYTMAN
    Actually I shoot a Hoyt bow for hunting and competition. Thats how I got the name hoytman.
    ok, thanks, the story is for Hoyts only, i like to see the look in thier eyes, and quite afew have told me that thier dad's told them the same story.