Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Cardiac Catheterization

Post Thanks / Like

Default Cardiac Catheterization

Well been having heart trouble again. And had a stress Test Last Friday. After being told by the Tech that did my stress test. He told me I had troubles. And after getting on them 2 times. I heard from them this evening at 5pm..
    So now waiting on a Heart Cath. So after I find out i will tell more. Been told, It may not be a stint this time. So if its the other. Guess I will not make the fall gathering.
    This is faster then calling the ones that has called. OR Sending out a bunch of PM.s/
    Pete

Cane Pole is offline Crappie.com 2011 Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ShilohRed View Post
    Well been having heart trouble again. And had a stress Test Last Friday. After being told by the Tech that did my stress test. He told me I had troubles. And after getting on them 2 times. I heard from them this evening at 5pm..
    So now waiting on a Heart Cath. So after I find out i will tell more. Been told, It may not be a stint this time. So if its the other. Guess I will not make the fall gathering.
    This is faster then calling the ones that has called. OR Sending out a bunch of PM.s/
    Pete
    Keep us updated on this Pete.

Tom
    Member BS Pro-Staff and Billbob Pro-Staff
    Proud Member of Team Geezer... authorized by: billbob and "G"

Post Thanks / Like

Our thoughts and prayers are with you Pete. Been there done that myself.

Post Thanks / Like

Hang in there Pete. In 2000 I went to a Doc for losing weight and he wanted to listen to my heart. It was beating too fast and ask don't you feel that? I say no. Sent me to get an EKG and then the ambulance took me to the Hospital in Lufkin in ICU. They gave me some drugs to slow it down and it ran away to over 300 beats per min. Well then the shocked me with them paddles and knocked the fire out of me. This was Friday and Monday they did the Cath and said I probably didn't have any blockages and was most likely an electrical problem.

Well I had blockages and one was in a bad spot Called the widow maker and that one needed a Bypass. The Doc they wanted to do my surgery was in vacation and ask if I wanted to go to Houston, I said yes. This was Tuesday and I found my self on the way to Houston by ambulance that evening into ICU and started at 10AM Wednesday, they gave me 5 Bypasses.

So I know where you are coming from so I wish you good luck and a speedy recovery if that is what you need.

The hospital make all the difference in the world, believe me. St. Luke's & Methodist in Houston are first rate and one based on DeBakey and the other on Dr Denton Cooley, but both great!

Skip
    Last edited by CrappiePappy; 08-14-2008 at 08:24 AM.

Peak Vise Dealer
    Tying Materials, Chenille and Hackle
    For Pictures of my Crystal, Nylon/Rayon or
    New Age Chenille Please PM Me! Also I
    have the Saltwater Neck Hackle and some
    colors of Marabou plus other things!

Post Thanks / Like

Smile Don't worry Pete!

I had one at your age, and luckily it wasn't blockage.
    The heart cath ain't bad. Matter fact them folks know what they doing.
    You'll be OK!
    Say your prayers and it'll be OK!

Randy

Quote Originally Posted by ShilohRed View Post
    Pete

Post Thanks / Like

Good Luck Pete. Our thoughts and prayers are with you.

Barnacle Bill is offline Super Mod and 2014 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I just had my third cath about 3 weeks ago. The worse part about them is not being able to move much for many hours to make sure the incision doesn't open back up.
    Fair Winds and Following Seas

Bill H. PTC USN Ret
    Chesapeake, Va

M R Dux is offline Crappie.com Legend , 2018 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

I had a cath last fall. My heart has been beating irregularly for some time. Today my pulse was checked at 39 beats/minute. When they did my cath they put in an arterial plug. I was on the way home within 3 hours of my procedure and never bled a drop. I normally bleed like a stuck hog.

Dr. is starting to make me nervous because he can't get my beat regulated. I feel like crap all the time but part of that is sleep apnea. I get fitted for a cpap tomorrow. They are trying to regulate mine with meds. They are talking pacemaker as a future resort.

Good luck with the cath. I think the worst part of mine was having my nads out there for the whole room to see but at the time I didn't care.
    www.crappie-gills-n-more.com
    Podunk Ideas Pro Staff /test platform
    PICO Lures Field Rep
    Excel Boats Pro Staff

Post Thanks / Like

Prayers from Caledonia,MS are in the air Pete. Good luck. My youngest son had a cath when he was 8, he's 10 now, and came thru with no problems. They really got it figured out now.

Post Thanks / Like

Sure hope all goes well. They can do wonders now days, brought me back three times did four bypasses Jan. 2004. Slowed me down but still here. You will be our prayers.
    Last edited by ribit; 08-13-2008 at 10:33 PM.
    Today is a great day

Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast