Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Popsicle and Pink Road Runner Pics as requested.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Popsicle and Pink Road Runner Pics as requested.

Sorry I didn't mean to post this at the bottom of the other thread!
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Here are a few of the colors cp & Jaxsprat ask to see. Let me explain the pics....

cp the teal chenille is a head scratcher as I don't have that color and Danville does not make it, but I will look around at other Mfg. to see if they have any close to that. I have 5 different Blue colors, but none that I would call Teal. If you see any on my web site that looks like it can fill in please let me know.

First here is one with a Purple head ( I know it looks like dark Blue, but it's not) and I used red eyes since the Black didn't show that great on this dark Purple.

This one is Grape (looks lighter Purple to me, LOL!

And the Pink (don't have a reason for the Red Eyes other than someone some where ask for pink eyes and they didn't show well). Now this one can also be tied using FL Pink chenille in place of this one. Also the tail in marabou I have some FL Pink that is a little lighter Pink.

Peak Vise Dealer
    Tying Materials, Chenille and Hackle
    For Pictures of my Crystal, Nylon/Rayon or
    New Age Chenille Please PM Me! Also I
    have the Saltwater Neck Hackle and some
    colors of Marabou plus other things!

Post Thanks / Like

Skip nice color combo's!!! Did you get the heads painted or unpainted from Blakemore?? I just poured a bunch in my DO-IT mold and I have got to get my fluid bed built. If you used the fluid bed, what did you use to cover the crane swivel with??

Thanks

Fatman
    Last edited by Fatman; 08-13-2008 at 09:51 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Fatman View Post
    Skip nice color combo's!!! Did you get the heads painted or unpainted from Blakemore?? I just poured a bunch in my DO-IT mold and I have got to get my fluid bed built. If you used the fluid bed, what did you use to cover the crane swivel with??

Thanks

Fatman
    I painted them with an artist brush and vinyl paint so no need to cover the swivel. I have a fluid bed that I use for powder coating jigs, but I felt that this way I would have a better more durable finish and not need to cover that darn swivel or take them apart.

Just seems more trouble that I wanted to powder paint them. However the vinyl is not as easy as seems since you have to paint them white first and after the color coat you have to clear coat them for a gloss finish. So they have 3 coats of paint, LOL!

Skip

Peak Vise Dealer

TacoBender is offline Slabmaster II * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

The grape with the black eyes looks the best to me. The red eyes don't look as good try useing white on the darker colors it looks a lot better. The grape head color has been a very good color for me the fish seem to like it. Of course this my own oppinoin.
    TacoBender
    On The Spot Guide Service
    "Catchin Crappie Year Round"
    www.onthespotwithscott.com

Post Thanks / Like

I like that grape one also would just suggest white eye, then that's one I will buy(12) when U get set. That is the Lite green on tail?
    Last edited by jaxsprat; 08-13-2008 at 11:13 AM.
    I don't suffer from insanity; I enjoy every minute of it.....

PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jaxsprat View Post
    I like that grape one also would just suggest white eye, then that's one I will buy(12) when U get set. That is the Lite green on tail?
    When my supplier changed dye last time I got the Fl Chart Marabou it was a little less Green than before, but yes it is the Fl Chart. I still have hackle from before the color change that has more Green. If I dig around I may still have some Fl. Chart marabou from before the change too if you like the one with more Green.

I also have some Insect Green that is a light Green that is very close the old Fl Chart. So there is more than one option for sure. I will try to tie one with that Insect Green today and post it.

Skip

Peak Vise Dealer

Post Thanks / Like

Here are some other colors I have not including the Grape, Purple and Pink. It's hard to tell in this pic, but one of the top is Hot Yellow and the other is Yellow Chart and the last is FL Chart or the Green Chart.

Skip
    Last edited by skiptomylu; 08-13-2008 at 11:58 AM.

Peak Vise Dealer

Post Thanks / Like

Hey Skip, a little OT from your original thread, but was wanting an update on your son. I'm hoping that no news has meant good news on his recovery. Tell your hero that thoughts and prayers are still active for him.

boatstall
    "Hello, My name is Bill, and I'm a tackleholic"

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah I've done the vinyl thing before, and I just painted a bunch of jigs with Testors Paint (white base coat, color and then two part clear epoxy) and some I use the powder paint.

I've got some of the DO-It one's with tin foil over the crane swivel getting ready to powder paint, right now the only colors I have left are what Jann's calls yellow chartreuse and black. Gotta get some more, so I'll be doing the brush painting thing soon.

Fatman

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by boatstall View Post
    Hey Skip, a little OT from your original thread, but was wanting an update on your son. I'm hoping that no news has meant good news on his recovery. Tell your hero that thoughts and prayers are still active for him.

boatstall
    Thanks for asking boatstall! Well it has not been easy for him. It started out very well, maybe even outstanding. Then he had some issues with the meds and allergies. Once they took him off all Iv's and was able to take a bath/shower he actually forgot his leg was gone and took a step and fell. It busted some stitches and they took him back to surgery for a look see and all was good inside. Soon they let him out of the hospital and was still in San Antonio though and not released.

Then there was some trouble with infection and then put him back in the hospital for IV antibiotics for a few days and then out again with meds by mouth. However then meds by mouth made him sick as a dog and he missed taking a few. The Doc's went crazy over that and changed his meds. They actually scheduled surgery each and every day for a while to maybe take a few more inches off, but finally it started to come around and is now looking pretty good again. They will not release him though and their plan was to go home to Tampa before returning for rehab. Now his wife and kids are going back without him and he is still on no PT and mostly bed rest.

Anyway things are looking much better as of the last 2 days so it has been an ordeal for him. We had his son/our grandson for over a month while this was going on. It kept extending his stay for a couple of extra weeks, but we were happy to get that time with him. Now he's is telling them everything I said, you know Paw Paw said la la ti DA about everything. I am sure they are getting tired of hearing that, LOL!

Skip

Peak Vise Dealer

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast