Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Stabors

Post Thanks / Like

Default Stabors

I was just reading about them. Wanted to know, anybody use them? Are they any good?

They look like they would save alot time tying on jig, especially trolling

Post Thanks / Like

I use no-knot medium from basspro. They are handy when trolling if you are experimenting with different weight jigs. This picture is larger than the actual item.

I did not like the Stabors

It is actually faster to change single jigs by not using either. Just tie the overhand knot with the loop. I use them when double rigging pulling if I am experimenting with jig head color or weight. I keep a selection of jigs in my tackle box with no knots already cliped to them. If I break off I can just tie a double overhand knot and cinch it tight.

Post Thanks / Like

Snelling will get you there pretty quick too.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks whizkids, I'll give the ones from Bass Pro shot

Post Thanks / Like

I wasn't really crazy about the no-knots, but I was using the small size, they seemed difficult to snap on the jig. I recently just started using the stabors, and at first had some difficulty with them too. I've got the hang of tying them on now and I think I'll be alright with them. If your problem tying jigs on is your vision, like my old eyes, you are still going to have problems tying on the no Knot. The stabor doesn't require you to tie a knot. You hook the stabor thru the jig eye, then take a folded over loop of your line and hook it over the open hook of the stabor. Pull the open hook of the stabor down against the main shaft of the stabor, and then wind the doubled line around the shaft and pop it into the closed loop of the stabor. Kind of tedious at first, but once you get the hang of it, no problem!