Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: pontoon

Post Thanks / Like

Default pontoon

help how do you get water out of the pontoons. is there anybody close by that does that type of work. i dont think there is too much in them right now but i dont want it to get worse. thanks for any help tommy

Post Thanks / Like

boy there are all kinds of options like drilling and then putting a plug in it that you could remove . or if it is on the water most of the year how about a hole on top of pontoon that a bilge pump would fit in and sealed around the hose and wires i was thinking of getting a pontoon and these were some of the thoughts that i had if it would have leaked . but i guess the main thing would be to find the holes . some toons are filled with foam and some have chambers will have to find that out also .

just my ideas most liklly there are way better ones out there from more quilified people,

Scott
    Life comes at you fast ... Better have a net...

Scott Beitzel----Western maryland

Post Thanks / Like

Mine has 1/2" plugs in the rear. I simply park up hill, pull the plugs and let it drain. If you are not on a trailer, I suppose your marina might have slings or something you could use to get it out of the water. The plugs were plastic when I bought it. They have been replaced with brass.
    DP
    I am a heterosexual male. 2 Chronicles 7:14
    "If my people who are called by My name will humble themselves and pray and seek My face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from Heaven and will forgive their sin and heal their land."

Post Thanks / Like

Same here. Mine has the plugs on the back to drain out the water. I drain it every year when I take out of the water to clean it. I guess it gets condensation build up from being on the water. BUt every year there is just a little in both of them.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by slimeyslab View Post
    Same here. Mine has the plugs on the back to drain out the water. I drain it every year when I take out of the water to clean it. I guess it gets condensation build up from being on the water. BUt every year there is just a little in both of them.
    This how my buddy's pontoon is. He has considered having them filled with foam but that's a little pricey. If you don't have a way to get it out of the water, a hole in the top and a pump is about it.