Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: shallow water crappie

Post Thanks / Like

Default shallow water crappie

Brought home 18 today from above Bucksaw. Only had a few that we thought we had better measure. Weighed a few for the heck of it and came up at 1.1 , 1.3 , and 1.4. They were all fat bellyed and thick. Stayed mainly around ceders and fished water as shallow as 3ft. to 8ft. deep. All on minnows. I didn't think that was to bad for 5 hours fishing. Need to get my grease over the fire, good luck all.

Post Thanks / Like

what color was them minners?

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like your on them for the next Crappie Tour. Somebody needs to unseat the champion, Richard so it ought to be you or me.:D What do you think?

Post Thanks / Like

I don't know about that J.J. , if Richard is going to be there we might as well shoot for second. I've been doing all I can to stay on fish but I think he's on the water more than I am. LUCKY.
    Got my brother's from St. Louis fishing the Bucksaw tournament. Lookin forward to it, see you there.

Post Thanks / Like

Long Poler that may be true but we are going to try our best.:D By the way what are you doing up at 4 oclock in the moring?

Post Thanks / Like

That's all we can do is try our best, never know, might get lucky.I get up around 3:00 am to get ready for work and some mornings I ckeck the lake reports from the day before and CDC. We've been starting around 6:00 am in north Belton right know for awhile.