Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Fly Tying

Post Thanks / Like

Default Fly Tying

i know we have a lot of members that tie jigs,including me.who here ties flies and which ones are your best producers.

"My biggest worry is that my wife (when I'm dead) will sell my fishing gear for what I said I paid for it."

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up I tie some

This is a pattern that is good for gills. It was thoughtfully shared online by a generous fella up in OR. A google search will bring up the recipie and fishing directions. Enter Jon's Generic Mike
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Post Thanks / Like

Default fly tying

good looking fly giller.

"Calling Fly Fishing a hobby is like calling Brain Surgery a job."

Post Thanks / Like

I am very lazy and tie infrequently, but I do want to tie up some of those "Jon's Generic" flies that Mike mentioned.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by deathb4disco View Post
    I am very lazy and tie infrequently, but I do want to tie up some of those "Jon's Generic" flies that Mike mentioned.

I think I will tie up some of "Jon's Generic" flies also. Look good.

Post Thanks / Like

That jon's generic is a real good fly. About five years ago I found it on the internet, and tied some up. It caught every type of fish in a little pond I was fishing. Crappie, bass, bluegills. You really have to read jon,s web site in order to really appreciate the fly. Be sure to read about how to retrieve it, because thats important. It's a inch at a time retrieve, and the fly is weighted with lead wire wrapped around the hook under the body. It didn't work at my favorite lake for shellcrackers, but I can't forget how it worked at that little pond! Also don't forget the green weenie, tied with medium chartruese chenille, on either a fly hook or a small jighead, use the same inch at a time retrieve. And I was in gander mountain the other day and they had zillions of flies in those open thingy's, and some of them looked awsome for panfish especially the ones named the inchworm, which resembled the san juan worm with a metal bead up front and something wrapped around its middle, with the chenille wormlike appendages hanging off the front and the back of the fly. they use a denser ultra chenille I believe which is stiffer and denser, in a smaller size. well you guys got me started on this fly thing tonight. lol

Post Thanks / Like

Default flys

oh yes i tie that one a good producer all year.here is a fly that i catch a lot of chinks,gills,and bass on. this is an easy fly to tie:pearl eastaz some kristal flash and plastic broom straw eyes,i trim the back and sides leaving the under side of the fly long.
    google ,lafyfish.com,click on crystal shrimp a great producer.here is my version of this fly,not a good picture sorry.

http://i285.photobucket.com/albums/l...r/100_0837.jpg
    Last edited by shooter; 08-11-2008 at 01:15 PM.

backtocrappie is offline Moderator OT Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Long before I ever tied a crappie jig I was on my 193,876th fly, when I learn bead head anything is good, bead head pheasant tail is better.
    "We're going to take things away from you on behalf of the common good"
    Sen. Hillary Clinton - Speech at Democratic Fundraiser, June 2004

Post Thanks / Like

Been fly tying for almost 4 years now and tied some jigs before then. I tie lots' of dry flies catskill style, My favorite fly because it's the first one I learned to tie is the Adams and it's caught me alot of trout, but I've been getting more into the old wet fly style (Ray Bergman) and have (I think really lucky) caught a fish on one LOL.

Learning the finer skills in tying trout flies and made me a way better jig tyer.

Fatman

Post Thanks / Like

Default humpy

i tie a royal humpy on a #8 ,a trout fly that catches a lot of gill for me.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast