Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Belva Deer Lately

Post Thanks / Like

Default Belva Deer Lately

Anyone fish Belva Deer lately? How's the bluegill bite? Thinking about heading down there, but haven't heard much about the lake this year.

Post Thanks / Like

Well, everybody must be fishing up in Minnesota. I guess I'll just have to go to Belva Deer and find out how the fishing is myself. I'll let you know how I did when I get back.... maybe...

Post Thanks / Like

Friend was down there 2 weeks ago said the bluegill bite was tough. He did catch a few nice crappie but not very many. A guy from work was there last weekend, fished 11 hours for 6 bluegill. Hope you have better luck.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks JWN. Very helpful info. Mirrors my experience down there pretty much to a T (except that I rarely subject myself to 11 hours of that kind of misery!). I normally catch 1 BG here, 1 there, same as your friend. I have done well there at times, and there are usually lots of small bass to catch, but I'm passing on fishing there again until I start hearing more positive reports.

I'm about ready to declare this lake a bust. I've been holding out hope for it, and fishing it more than I should, mostly because there for a while there was a lot of hype about the quality of this fishery. You don't hear the hype so much anymore, and if you talk to anybody at the ramp, you hear pretty much the same story from all of them. Fishing time is too precious to waste, imo.