Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Conowingo Reservior

Post Thanks / Like

Default Conowingo Reservior

Hello MD folks, I'm from Chester cty PA, just over the border from you. I've been fishing the Flats, Susky, N.E. and Elk rivers with my boat Tidal license, but I was looking for some help on the Conowingo reservior. Does the Conowingo pool hold a decent population of crappie? I can't seem to find any fishing forums targeting the Susky in MD. Thanks, Ron

Post Thanks / Like

Default conowingo crappie

I personally have never fished above the Dam but have a freind who used to catch alot of crappie there on blow downs on the Harford co. side. He fished the deep ends of the trees verticaly ,sometimes with minnows sometimes with 1-16 oz. jigs rigged double. We get alot of people fishing down this way in Sussex Co. DE.. I fish MD. eastern shore & lower DE. for crappie more in cooler months though. M ostly salt water fishing Lewes ,IR inlet & OC .in summer.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the reply! I'll have to give it a try once the weather cools some. I moved to Chester cty last summer and brought my 18 foot Wellcraft with me. With the hours I worked and the distance required to tow the boat to fish, I traded it for an 17 foot, tiller steer G3 aluminum with a F50 Yamaha and a bowmount electric, so I can fish this boat on my local electric only lakes. This year I went for a MD boat license and state park ramp pass, perhaps next year I might go with a DE boat license and ramp pass. Are there many protected tidal areas to fish in De with a boat like mine? Thanks, Ron

Post Thanks / Like

Default conowingo dam fishing........

Quote Originally Posted by Shellback View Post
    Hello MD folks, I'm from Chester cty PA, just over the border from you. I've been fishing the Flats, Susky, N.E. and Elk rivers with my boat Tidal license, but I was looking for some help on the Conowingo reservior. Does the Conowingo pool hold a decent population of crappie? I can't seem to find any fishing forums targeting the Susky in MD. Thanks, Ron
    did you get the private message i sent you 2 weeks ago about fishing above the dam.......

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by akmoose40 View Post
    did you get the private message i sent you 2 weeks ago about fishing above the dam.......
    I'm sorry, I haven't received any PM's from you, just double checked to be sure. If you would care to email me, I'm at ronaldwoodcock at comcast.net. Thanks!

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Shellback View Post
    I have not fished for crappies in the Conowingo reservoir since the mid seventies. Lately I have been fishing in the lower Susquehanna for White Perch, in the early spring and then in the Bush River for crabs during the summer.
    I would love to start fishing the upper Susquehanna above the dam for crappies again.
    It is to be hoped that some of you crappie fishermen / women will reacquaint me with reservoir again.

Post Thanks / Like

Hello Melvin, I haven't given the Conowingo pool a try yet, waiting on some cooler weather. I've been fishing the N.E. river by Rocky Point and over by the barges at Havre D Grace for perch. Been doing fairly well although they are small. Ele at Herb's tackle in N.E. says the bigger ones arrive with cooler weather too.