Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 10 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Fall Crappie Camp

Post Thanks / Like

Default Fall Crappie Camp

Fall Crappie Camp on Lake Greeson in Southwest Central Arkansas will be the weekend before Halloween - October 24-26. Anyone that is interested in catching crappie, lying about catching crappie, eating crappie and who is willing to share information on electronics, boat set-ups, tackle and fishing techniques etc. for catching crappie or wants to learn more about crappie fishing is welcome to attend. We'll have a Potluck Fish-Fry on Saturday evening. Darryl and I will compile a list of waypoints for Bamboo Crappie Condos where crappie should be hanging out that time of year so everyone will have plenty of places to fish.

Hope to see you there!
    Last edited by Jerry Blake; 10-09-2008 at 08:23 PM.
    FISH ON!
    Jerry Blake

www.BLAKETOURS.com

Post Thanks / Like

Here's a link to a page on my website that explains what crappie camp is with links to pictures of past crappie camps -- Family Fishing Trips
    Quit Wish'in and Let's Go Fish'in
    Darryl Morris

FAMILY FISHING TRIPS GUIDE SERVICE
    501-844-5418 --- [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

That's the perfect weekend its the one between my two trips to Insirlik Turkey. I'll be ready to do some fishing. I have to come down once in awhile to show Darryl how its done lol.
    MT.DEW AND JP8 IN THE MORNING GETS THE BLOOD FLOWING.

Post Thanks / Like

Has anyone started thinking about what needs to be brought for the cook out.

Post Thanks / Like

Fall Crappie Camp will be centered around Self Creek on Lake Greeson near Daisy, AR. Self Creek Lodge and Marina has great cottages and with there off-season rates they are very reasonable, especially if several folks get together and share one. Daisy State Park, Self Creek Campground and Jim Wylie Campground are all right in the area. Of the three campgrounds the newer part of Daisy is the nicest. You won't need reservations to stay at any of the campgrounds.

We'll have our Pot-Luck Fish Fry at the Pavilion at Daisy State Park on Saturday evening starting around 6:00. If everyone will bring one side dish or desert or drinks and a few folks will bring paper plates, paper towels and plastic utensils we'll be in good shape. Of course we'll need someone to bring a fish fryer and we'll need a gallon or two of canola or peanut oil. We have some crappie fillets on hand and we'll be glad to clean any fish caught on Friday and Saturday that are donated for the fish fry. Just bring them to our boat slips at Self Creek Marina. Also, we have cleaning tables there if anyone needs a place to clean fish.

Darryl and I will compile a list of waypoints in the area so everyone will have plenty of places to fish. If you aren't bringing a boat there will be seats available so just let us know and we'll get you out on the water.

Please post here if you plan to attend and what you will be bringing so we can get a head count and so we'll have everything we need.

The crappie are already coming back to our brushpiles and Bamboo Crappie Condos so the fishing should be great by the time Fall Crappie Camp rolls around.
    Last edited by Jerry Blake; 09-11-2008 at 10:11 PM.
    FISH ON!
    Jerry Blake

www.BLAKETOURS.com

Post Thanks / Like

Jerry / Darryl
    I can do some frying again. If no one volunteers breading or oil, I can do that too.
    DP
    I am a heterosexual male. 2 Chronicles 7:14
    "If my people who are called by My name will humble themselves and pray and seek My face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from Heaven and will forgive their sin and heal their land."

Post Thanks / Like

man that would be an awesome road trip , but football season will still be goin! dang!

Post Thanks / Like

Jerry,

Thanks for puttin' this on! I'll be there Saturday morning and will bring a bulk of GOOD cardboard-type paper trays and plastic ware. Also will bring a gallon of cooking oil, unless you think that's covered.

Actually, you can pm me and let me know what you are lacking and I'll assist in filling the gaps in any way.

aj

Post Thanks / Like

Here's a sample of what you'll be fishing once we get them in the water...

Quit Wish'in and Let's Go Fish'in
    Darryl Morris

FAMILY FISHING TRIPS GUIDE SERVICE
    501-844-5418 --- [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

Are you not at Kirby landing anymore? I don't know much about the lake and didn't know where Self creek was.

Page 1 of 10 1234 ... LastLast