Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 14 foot trolling rods

Post Thanks / Like

Default 14 foot trolling rods

I'm looking to buy some 14 foot rods to troll with any ideas? I would like to have something that would handle a 1/2 oz. weight.

Barnacle Bill is offline Super Mod and 2014 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I have a couple of Wally Marshall's that I like. They are light weight and would handle 1/2 very well.
    Fair Winds and Following Seas

Bill H. PTC USN Ret
    Chesapeake, Va

Post Thanks / Like

I use B&M trolling rods as well as Wally Marshalls. They both do very well. The WM's have a little more back bone though. I use 1/2 oz to 1 oz weights and both handle them fine. I also fish a 3 hook leader.
    B&M Pro Staff
    Driftmaster Pro Staff
    TEAM BAIT PUMP
    MAGNOLIA CRAPPIE CLUB

Post Thanks / Like

Anyone have any good leads for prices besides BPS and Cabelas, I would like to help the little guys out.
    Ted
    Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night will keep me from crappie fishing!
    2010 Lake of the Ozarks Super Slab Champion

Post Thanks / Like

Everhardts in Jefferson City or Tombstone Tackle in Columbia, MO should be able to help, expect to pay $35 to $50 for the rod. Tombstone often orders if it is not in stock. Good luck, Bruce
    Last edited by Bruce Carp; 05-11-2005 at 09:27 AM. Reason: double words

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by CrappieOutlaw
    I'm looking to buy some 14 foot rods to troll with any ideas? I would like to have something that would handle a 1/2 oz. weight.
    Check your PM's

<,"}/>{ Rippa
    Just one more cast, I promise!
    Common sense isn't all that common these days.
    Take the Time & Take the Kids

Post Thanks / Like

I have a WM 14 footer and use a ½oz weight and it handles it ok. When I fish alone I have problem landing fish with that long rod. My 11 footer is a lot easier to get the fish in the boat.

I had some problems finding slip bobbers that would handle that weight but did find some after looking.
    Last edited by duane; 05-11-2005 at 10:39 AM.
    Duane

My soon to be ex-wife calls me a CrappieHead

Post Thanks / Like

Default B'n'M Trolling Rods

B'n'M Poles has a 14' Trolling Rod (#PST143) made of 100% graphite. It was tested with a 5 oz. sinker going 2 mph, and it was stiff enough to withstand that aggressive style, yet its very sensitive to feel the slightest nibble.

Before you buy any trolling rods, I'd suggest that you at least take a look, hold it, and see for yourself if the B'n'M Trolling Rods is for you. I absolutely love them!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Not too stiff

!/2 oz. is not a lot of weight. Make sure the rod you choose will bend sufficiently with a 1/2 oz. weight so that you can see it relax if a fish comes up with the bait. A rod that is too stiff will not bend enough for you to see this. I use 14 ft. Wally Marshall's, but I suggest you pick up and feel whatever you choose before you buy.

Post Thanks / Like

I also have (2) 14'ft Wally Marshalls that I really like and I also have (2) B'n'M Pro-Troller's in 14'ft that are equally as nice.....you really can't go wrong with either of them in my opinion!!!
    I won't be at work........I'm feelin' crappie today!
    ><)))*>

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast