Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Dead

Post Thanks / Like

Default Dead

Nothing much happing here, is anyone catching any cats ?.

crappie cowboy

Post Thanks / Like

I havent been but seem's like every time a board get's slow the bite is on lol.

Post Thanks / Like

the bite is on, no doubt

Post Thanks / Like

Default Noodle Jugs

I'm building jugs now, I've got 12 build now and want 12 more. What kind of bait do yall put on jugs?.
    I was thinking about putting on Sonny's Dip Bait, But not sure that would be the right bait because it comes off kinda quick, I'll be using a home made rig I made that is like the plastic worms for stink bait, but I think I would be rebaiting non stop with the dip bait.

crappie cowboy

Post Thanks / Like

crappie cowboy I would use fresh caught shad or small brim. Cut bait works good too.
    MT.DEW AND JP8 IN THE MORNING GETS THE BLOOD FLOWING.

Post Thanks / Like

Hey crappiecowboy,
    I have bought and tried everything on the market, and wish I could find a commercially available bait that actually worked more than 50%. I have more concoctions made up, and off the shelf stuff, that I will will be happy to box up and send to you. Catfish eat shad, they eat bream, and they will more than 50% of the time eat nightcrawlers that I offer them. Outside of shad, fresh bream, or worms, everything else is an iffy at best. That's my 2 cents worth, and if you find a more consistent bait I would sure be interested. Jugs are a hoot to fish. Good luck.

boatstall
    "Hello, My name is Bill, and I'm a tackleholic"

Post Thanks / Like

Default Eatin Size Cats

I forgot to mention that here at Reelfoot Lake its FULL of small eating size channel cat 1 - 5 pounds. They are the dominate cat here, and not many big cats here, but buddy its for sure full of the small channels.
    Alot of the the catfisherman come in here from up north and slay the channels.
    I was wanting to put a few in my freezer this year, havn't really fished for them, I've always fished for crappie, but I'm fixing to get after them.
    Thank yall for the advice.

crappie cowboy

Post Thanks / Like

Shad is my favorite it works the best,second would be perch cut or live, but if i am makeing a quick trip and cant cach shad i use hotdogs mixed with garlic and a little oil it works good for small cannels
    Just my two cents:D

Post Thanks / Like

crappie cowboy there are just so many great ways and things to use for channels but if you do use dip baits use the things with sponge or put a piece of sponge on the ones your making because the bait soaks in and stays longer than on a piece of rubber or plastic and also if i was going jugging i would use a treble or j hook and bait it with shrimp or water bugs if you have access to those but with water bugs you have to be sure to use a small sinker to hold them down a lil or they will swim back up and hang out on your jug until you get back to the jug to find that they have just been chillin in the sun lol water bugs have an odor and they move and swim alot channels can not resist them of i have also used chicken liver tied in pieces of panty hose i just make them up before i go and then i dont have to mess with it while im there and the liver cant be pulled off because the fish would have to rip the fabric and all off the hook then and we all know chicken liver works well for channels another one that will stay on your hook i about forgot is take chicken breast and buy the most fatty ones you can find cut them in bait sized pieces then put them in a bag or empty coffee can and pour in a few packages of red cool aid powder and mix it up really good let it set over night and you will have a blood red bait that stays on a hook well it dosent have to stink for a cat to like it just an odor of sorts because a cat is really just one big taste bud i have seen videos on in fishermen doug stange said that they can even taste with the outside of their body kinda weird i know but its true
    is that a bite...YEAH FISH DONT HAVE HANDS

Post Thanks / Like

and i know i havent been on much because i have been fishing alot i should have alot of great pics comming i just need to get them uploaded to my computer before something happens to my new cam i had alot on my old one and i broke it before i could get them on here water and electronics do not mix its a good rule of thumb if your on a boat put your camera and cell phone on lanyards
    is that a bite...YEAH FISH DONT HAVE HANDS