Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Pros and cons of Fiberglass VS. Aluminum

Post Thanks / Like

Default Pros and cons of Fiberglass VS. Aluminum

Lets here it. Thinking about buying a fiberglass boat.
    FISH-ON!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

I have had both and I really cant fault either.I had a ranger with a 150 but was afraid I would scratch it so I got an aluminum and FISHED-ON!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Hmmmmm...Gotta think about this for a bit..I just sold my fiberglass and haven't fished enough out of my aluminum to really compare..The only difference I have really noticed in the fiberglass rode smoother..I'll have a better opinion after this Fall. Lot of Luck on your decision.

Post Thanks / Like

Yea we have a pro 860 Mon Ark and its perfect until the wind and its kinda agravating when fish a tour. and we have to hide from the wind and the glass boats are out in it .
    FISH-ON!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Even in my glass boat, the only reason I would stay out in the wind is because I am too "stewpid" to get out of it:D...But I can guarantee you I would be catching heck out there...But it was better than mowing the yard, painting the house,etc......

Post Thanks / Like

That's a big factor. Weight. 'Glass boats are WAY heavier and will usually ride much better and be more stable. But aluminum is lots easier to pull behind the truck, easier to mess with if you have to take it off the trailer for repairs and can deal with bumps and stumps better. 'Glass repairs are much stronger though. IMO.

Post Thanks / Like

We are heavy but not fiberglass heavy. They dont ride the waves as much as we do either. Up and down ,up and down could cause a disasterous adult liquid beverage spill.
    FISH-ON!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

FISH-ON!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

I would stick with aluminum for now........I have both and the Ranger has remained parked in garage this summer....My 16ft Weldbilt has saved big on gas and I enjoy the toughness and low maintaince of my Weldbilt so I concentrate more on finding those fishes.
    Meet a resonable man halfway everytime....don't meet an unresonable man at all.

Post Thanks / Like

I sold my 19' BassCat(fiberglass) and bought a 17' SeaArk(aluminum). That was around 1 1/2 ago and I have been really pleased so far. Like was mentioned above, with aluminum it's fish-on and don't worry about that tree branch in the way. I was always very protective of my fiberglass boats gel coat. I now concentrate more on catching fish and less on my boat finish. Also the difference in a 175 h.p. on my Basscat and a 75 h.p. on my Seaark has really saved me alot of money in fuel.

Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast