Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: ~Eternal life of a GOTCHA PLUG~

Post Thanks / Like

Default ~Eternal life of a GOTCHA PLUG~

Just last Tuesday forum member(Fintalk) Uncle Chuck asked me what we used to catch toothy critters and not tear our lures to pieces by the sharp teeth of fish like one of my favorite of fishies...the Bluefish. I told him about Gotcha plugs, how they were made and weighed in the head and how we fished em......he wanted one. For Pike & Muskie in particular,living in Alabama he couldnt just run out and buy one, in case you didnt know it by now Uncle Chuck is my real uncle, Dad's little brother of course. When I was a kid & ran away - I ran to Uncle Chucks,where he let me hide out (of course he called Mom & let her know where I was) in his camper in the back yard for how many ever day or even weeks I wanted to be a run away....no wonder no one ever came looking for me. For the past 47 years I have been and stayed in contact with him. Once we were both on the internet we have exchanged emails EVERYDAY for the past umpteen years....its been a long time......last fall when it was time for thanksgiving gatherings.....we didnt go to my parents or Lisa's .....she wanted to meet Uncle Chuck - So I took him my old jon boat to him when I got a new one last year, he had many friends that he fished with for catfish in the river and he lived 1 mile from a lake the is one of the best in NW Alabama for bass, his was the last house on the left on a dead end road to the boat ramp.......

I bought him a Gotcha plug as requested and brought it home to be mailed out Friday after I got off work at the shop.......I hand delivered the Gotcha plug to him this weekend myself instead, for it was my proud duty to be #1 pallbearer and carry him to the hurst for his last ride.......wearing jeans and his favorite Dale Earnhardt T-shirt he was buried in Mussel Shoals. After all this is ALABAMA remember !

The flowers that Lisa wired before we left said "Say Hello to Grandma"
    The last post he made on Fintalk was the IGFA thread and all he said was:
    Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Chuck
    Throw her back in. That's not my Lisa, dude.

Fishing Forum, Fishing Message Boards, Saltwater Fishing Reports

He didnt go to Bingo on Friday nights, them rednecks go to karaoke.
    Freinds and family sang - Go Rest High On That Mountain - The real lookout mountain is not too far away .....

Oh yea the GOTCHA PLUG ......He took it WITH HIM......so now he has an advantage over all others, even God dont have a Gotcha plug......He has a good grip on it in his left hand,I am sure he will never let it go.....My morning chat/emails will be empty and void for the rest of my life........
    Dude,I love you more than any man I have ever met- I would say I'll miss you ~ but no words can describe this.

VIRGINIA GAMEFISH TAGGING PROGRAM MEMBER

Post Thanks / Like

Sorry for your loss. It always hurts to lose a loved one, but God will not hand us anything that we caint handle. Our prayers are with you and your family.
    You can't fish with a hung line!

Post Thanks / Like

Sorry for you loss, but I'll bet he will be glad he has that plug up there in heaven. After all he can be a fisher of men, and if they don't come willing, he can just SET THE HOOK! :D We will keep you and yours in our prayers.
    Dwyane
    The only place where success comes before work is in the dictionary!

SMILE- A curve that can set a lot of things straight!

Post Thanks / Like

I'm sorry to hear that. Will be praying for you and your family.