Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Finally the Roadrunners are coming

Post Thanks / Like

Default Finally the Roadrunners are coming

I started on this in March and finally they are on their way and I should have them by Friday or Monday at the latest.

I will have 1/32 & 1/16 to paint and tie as you want. So custom hand tied legal Roadrunners with the Roadrunner name stamped on the blade. Not a Do-It mold that can't be sold legal, but the real deal.

I know some were interested when I first told everyone about this, but it's finally a reality.

Anyone want to tell me what color heads you like? Also what kind of tail and color? I would love to try some new stuff.

Skip

Peak Vise Dealer
    Tying Materials, Chenille and Hackle
    For Pictures of my Crystal, Nylon/Rayon or
    New Age Chenille Please PM Me! Also I
    have the Saltwater Neck Hackle and some
    colors of Marabou plus other things!

Post Thanks / Like

Green head Bright Green with red marabou and white thread... Sounds terrible, but I catch a lot of fish on jigs I tie in that color on Pines in the winter.

Post Thanks / Like

Personally I'd like to be able to get unpainted RR's. How much are you charging for them? I was just looking over your site and noticed the rabbit strip jigs. They are AWESOME! I bet they would be killer on the RR's.
    Last edited by GRIZZ; 08-05-2008 at 11:05 PM.
    Good things come to those who bait.

Post Thanks / Like

Skip

I know Do-It put the warning about the Pony Head Mold but I think it's still BS about Blakemore doing that. Pony Head's have been around for a long time, even Bass Pro sells them under the name of Stump Jumper and I don't think Blakemore is going after them.

This is as bad as the Renzetti Company telling other manufacturer's of rotary tying vices that they have to pay a royalty because they have a patent on "Bent Arm Design" which is the basis of rotary vices.

Another one was the Erie Dearie spinner and the Zonar, neither mold is available at DO-IT anymore but they sell for big bucks on Ebay.

I sell pony heads unpainted to my friends all the time, and I'm not going to worry about it. I've had the mold since before the warning came out in the DO-IT catalouge.

Fatman
    Last edited by Fatman; 08-06-2008 at 11:26 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Fatman View Post
    Skip

I know Do-It put the warning about the Pony Head Mold but I think it's still BS about Blakemore doing that. Pony Head's have been around for a long time, even Bass Pro sells them under the name of Stump Jumper and I don't think Blakemore is going after them.

This is as bad as the Renzetti Company telling other manufacturer's of rotary tying vices that they have to pay a royalty because they have a patent on "Bent Arm Design" which is the basis of rotary vices.

Another one was the Erie Dearie spinner and the Zonar, neither mold is available at DO-IT anymore but they sell for big bucks on Ebay.

I sell pony heads unpainted to my friends all the time, and I'm not going to worry about it. I've had the mold since before the warning came out in the DO-IT catalouge.

Fatman
    FYI....Not to argue with you but the guy that use to make stump jumpers lost his business over this and he email me the info and that is how I found out about that. As for the Bass Pro Stump Jumpers they are made by Blakemore now. No one is allowed by law to sell the pony heads other than Blakemore and anyone doing so is risking more than they think.

So I would assume that it's something you can get away with if they find out.

Skip

Peak Vise Dealer

CrappiePappy is offline Super Moderator - 2013 Man Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Exclamation Skip ....

Quote Originally Posted by skiptomylu View Post
    I started on this in March and finally they are on their way and I should have them by Friday or Monday at the latest.
    I will have 1/32 & 1/16 to paint and tie as you want. So custom hand tied legal Roadrunners with the Roadrunner name stamped on the blade. Not a Do-It mold that can't be sold legal, but the real deal.
    I know some were interested when I first told everyone about this, but it's finally a reality.
    Anyone want to tell me what color heads you like? Also what kind of tail and color? I would love to try some new stuff.
    Skip
    I'd like to see your versions of the "no longer produced" RR's of the past :

Pink/Pink/Pink (all relatively the same shade of pink)
    and
    Char/Teal/Char (formerly known as "Peacock")

You might even try a spin on one of the newer "color creations", that's gaining popularity in the plastic body world .... Popsicle
    (Purple/Pink/Char)

(if I'm not mistaken, RR's version of "Chartreuse" is the Flo Yellow ... but, Flo Green wouldn't be a bad choice, either)

Have fun, and happy tying :D

... cp

Post Thanks / Like

Got some awesome RR jigs from Grand-Pa Bob's Crappie Jigs ([email protected]) earlier this year. Gots to order some more before next spring.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by crappiepappy View Post
    I'd like to see your versions of the "no longer produced" RR's of the past :

Pink/Pink/Pink (all relatively the same shade of pink)
    and
    Char/Teal/Char (formerly known as "Peacock")

You might even try a spin on one of the newer "color creations", that's gaining popularity in the plastic body world .... Popsicle
    (Purple/Pink/Char)

(if I'm not mistaken, RR's version of "Chartreuse" is the Flo Yellow ... but, Flo Green wouldn't be a bad choice, either)

Have fun, and happy tying :D

... cp

cp as soon as they get here I will see what I can do with the colors you mention.

Skip

Peak Vise Dealer

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DADAKOTA View Post
    Got some awesome RR jigs from Grand-Pa Bob's Crappie Jigs ([email protected]) earlier this year. Gots to order some more before next spring.
    FYI...
    I hope they have Road Runner stamped on the blades or you could get him in trouble by posting his name and info like that.

Skip

Peak Vise Dealer

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by skiptomylu View Post
    No one is allowed by law to sell the pony heads other than Blakemore and anyone doing so is risking more than they think.
    So Skip, how are you doing this? Do you have some kind of licensing agreement with Blakemore?

Just curious.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast