Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Fiberglass Repair

Post Thanks / Like

Default Fiberglass Repair

I just bought a Charger boat with a hole in the side. The hole is right under the driver console and is easy to get too. I would think this could be easily fixed but I am no repair person. The hole is in a triangle the size of a dinner plate! Does anyone do any fiberglass repair on the side or know of someone around central Missouri that does good work but very reasonably. I would like to fix this boat up but it my cost more than I want!!
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by dirtfool; 08-05-2008 at 07:41 PM. Reason: Add Picture

Post Thanks / Like

There are several at the lake that do this kind of work. I had mine worked on at DK collision out by Taos on HWY 50/63. Also being a charger you just might call the plant down in Richland. They might fix them there, they fixed a couple of small chips when I took it there for some warrenty work. Is this hole all they way through or just missing a chunk of gelcoat? If its a hole it might require having to remove carpet and other item to build back a layer of glass.
    Ted
    Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night will keep me from crappie fishing!
    2010 Lake of the Ozarks Super Slab Champion

Post Thanks / Like

The hole is all the way through and I have cleaned it up( cut smooth with a saw )! There is carpet on the back but luckily it is right at a seem and I was able to pull it back with no problem. Getting to it will be easy, just need someone that knows how to fix it. I thought about calling Charger but when I went on a tour of the plant couple of yrs ago the guy acted like they weren't going to do anymore of that type work cause they are to busy?? Still should call I guess, all they can do is say no!

Post Thanks / Like

Truman Fiberglass Repair on HWy 7.

Post Thanks / Like

Do you have a number for them??

Post Thanks / Like

I have done quite a bit of fiberglass stuff over the years. That hole should not be any problem at all to have fixed, provided you get competent people involved.

You need to factor in the cost of a repaint too. If that boat has black gelcoat that is anything other than factory-new, you will never get the repair patched in without being able to see it. However, if you repaint after the repair the boat will look like new.

Tom