PDA

View Full Version : Big Time Poster???edhead!!!

Cane Pole
08-05-2004, 08:46 PM
I must have hit a magical number....Does this mean I am a big mouth, opinionated, know it all, or I ain't got nothing to do except to screw around on the the internet???lol

Just wondering

Cane Pole

P.S.

Can't help myself.....Too many years teaching school...Love to share info and experiences...this is how we learn...Shared knowledge...

Moose1am
08-05-2004, 09:19 PM
My dad was a school teacher for over 35 years. I decided not to pursue that career since I watched him grading papers every school night. Instead of giving mutiple choice tests he alway gave essay question type examins. He taught high school History, Physcology, Sociology and was a Track Coach. He won all his dual meet tack meets in the years that he coached. I sometimes never saw him until after track season was over.

What was nice about being a teacher was the summers that he got off. When I was young he often had to work during the summer at other jobs to make ends meet. But after he finally got his masters and had tenure he was able to take time off in the summers. He didn't get paid for the time off but he was able to save enough money up over the first 20 years so that he could afford to take the summers off. That was when we went fishing together at Kentucky Lake and that is where I got to really know him best. His favorite thing to do beside teaching was fishing. Heck he even was running the hs fishing club.

Congratulations on being a teacher. Without teachers we would all be in trouble.

I must have hit a magical number....Does this mean I am a big mouth, opinionated, know it all, or I ain't got nothing to do except to screw around on the the internet???lol

Just wondering

Cane Pole

P.S.

Can't help myself.....Too many years teaching school...Love to share info and experiences...this is how we learn...Shared knowledge...

Slab
08-11-2004, 09:27 AM
Yes, after 50 posts you become a "Big Time Poster".

I should really mix up the labels a bit and add some for when people like Moose hit 200.
Suggestions are welcome. Maybe like this:

50 posts - Big Time Poster
100 posts - Major Contributor
200 posts - Fishing and Posting Master
400 posts - Crappie.com Posting Guru

Those may not be great now that I look at them, but by all means, I accept suggestions.

And I also would like to congratulate you, Cane Pole, on being a teacher. I agree, we'd all be lost without you all.

Big Zig
08-11-2004, 02:17 PM
maybe:
50 posts - small fry
100 posts - keeper
200 posts - wall hanger - or - trophy
400 posts - legend
anything over 500 posts - needs to spend more time on the water!!
:D

Barnacle Bill
08-11-2004, 04:47 PM
I have absolutely nothing to add to this thread. I just wanted to get my 50th post in. Will I catch more fish now? LOL

Slab
08-12-2004, 10:50 AM
I like it Zig. I'm going to change it then unless someone else has more suggestions. C'mon, suggest away!

And Bill, since you're a Moderator, we get no captions, darn. But you can update your Signature in you User CP (User Control Panel) with something pertinant/cool.

PanMan_VA
08-12-2004, 12:17 PM
I was thinking along the same line as Big Zig.

50 posts - tater chip
100 posts - keeper
200 posts - slab
400 posts - trophy
>500 - bucket mouff (j/k)

Slab
08-12-2004, 12:26 PM
I see PanMan is a Tater Chip....lol.....j/k

Thanks for the suggestions. Keep'em coming!

tater chip
tater salad
tater tot

Jeff Foxworthy comedy stuff.

Crappie Chatt
08-12-2004, 12:46 PM
Guppy,,,minnow,,keeper,,,slabmaster. <*)}}}><

Crappie Chatt
08-12-2004, 12:51 PM
edhead,,,sent you a E-mail <*)}}}><

labill
08-12-2004, 01:03 PM
At least I won't be called "Tater salad!" lol!

kunes
08-12-2004, 01:05 PM
taterchip, lifter, netter, hanger,needs a woman.

Shellback
08-12-2004, 07:42 PM
Hey guys, Don't change the names now, I'm just closing in on being a Big Time Poster. I don't wanna be a tater chip!

Moose1am
08-12-2004, 08:44 PM
Just wondering if any of you guys type with both hands? LOL

Jerry Blake
08-12-2004, 10:18 PM
Typing is the one thing that I can honestly say I learned in high school and use every day now.

It was quite a few years after graduating before I started using it much, mostly for email. It's about like riding a bicycle I guess, once you learn it.

I use a "Natural" keyboard - has keys separated in the middle by a couple inches and they are angled so you don't have to turn your wrist to get lined up straight. When we were on vacation I used my wife's laptop and couldn't type very well on that at all.

rango
08-13-2004, 12:24 AM
wait, am i missing something here.... do you guys use more than one finger to type with? thats interesting, but sounds sorta complicated.

Shellback
08-13-2004, 06:13 AM
Hey, I use both hands to type with, only on finger on each hand, but both hands! I surf using my laptop in my Lazy Boy, so even if I knew how to type, my big hands wouldn't work on a laptop.

Slab
08-13-2004, 10:45 PM
It's all set:

Guppy 5
Minnow 10
Keeper 25
Slabmaster 50
Slabmaster II 100
Trophy King 200
Trophy King II 300
Crappie Wall Hanger 400
Crappie Wall Hanger II 500
Crappie.com Legend 600
Crappie Grand Master 1000

Moose1am
08-13-2004, 11:12 PM
I am using that natural keyboard also. It saved me from carpel tunnel which I was developing using the regular style keyboards. It took a while to get acclimated to the ergonomic type keyboard but now it's so comfortable. I tried typing with the regular keyboard a while back and could not find the home keys or type worth a hoot. I have learned to stretch my fingers wider with the natural keyboard and can't seem to bring them back together for the old style keyboard now.

I typed in College long before we had computer keyboards but I must admit that most of my typing skills are due to all the posting on the internet that I do. It's one of the main reasons that I talk so much. I need to keep my typing skills up. Just wish I could spell better. It's too bad that we don't have spell checkers in the online forums like we have in Word or Wordperfect word processors. I just reformatted my computer and have yet to reinstall my Microsoft Small Business software which included Word, Outlook and a few other productivity software programs. I wish that I had the MS program that did web sites. I have not purchased that one yet but would like to get it in the future. I wanted the professional version of MS Office but it cost too much.

Typing is the one thing that I can honestly say I learned in high school and use every day now.

It was quite a few years after graduating before I started using it much, mostly for email. It's about like riding a bicycle I guess, once you learn it.

I use a "Natural" keyboard - has keys separated in the middle by a couple inches and they are angled so you don't have to turn your wrist to get lined up straight. When we were on vacation I used my wife's laptop and couldn't type very well on that at all.