Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: lap top and crappie dot com

Post Thanks / Like

Default lap top and crappie dot com

Been triying to get this wireless internet to work think I have for the time being. started with -101 and the pages loaded real slow, moved the ant. arround and now have a -89 pages load a little faster. went from 26 kbs to 3.6 meg.per sec. so far the crappie pages is the only site that loads slow. I figure that is all the new stuff. (I like) we have on here. to hot to fish,to hot for brush hoggin. so it's A.C. time and crappie stuff.... thanks for the rambling.... later man.

Post Thanks / Like

your wireless signal is shaped like a cone like an upside down v. So if you have the ireless router on one side of the house and you are trying to BS us Kansas guys from the other, you may not have the best speeds. If you have a two story house, plug the router into a jack upstairs and you should have a great connection speed wise......if you have a ranch type home, you can buy an extender which will boost your signal sideways to the opposite side of the house...for what it's worth.....this advice is worth exactly what you paid for it

:D
    Remember "I" before "E," except in Budweiser

Post Thanks / Like

Beagle you will like the wireless once you get it set up right. Just keep moving it until you get the strongest signal for your favorite easy chair and kick back and enjoy it. I use it and am nice and comfortable in my recliner as I type this. I also like taking the computer out to the boat to do GPS/Fish locator upgrades. I do these in cooler weather though but it is quick and simple to do the down loads. I also take the lap top with me when I am on the go and like being able to connect where ever I am if I want too.

Post Thanks / Like

Beagle.....Before long your going to be moving up to " ADVANCED HI-TEC REDNECK" !! Fabulous!! hehe
    I just KNOW it was a big one!!!
    Mike

Post Thanks / Like

Frosty, you called it. High tech redneck. It's hard to picture a high speed beagle. Does this mean we'll get out on the water earlier?
    Jim - Have boat - will travel.

Post Thanks / Like

Beagle, way to go! You'll never go back to dial up again. These bulletin board sites are notoriously slow because the the scripts (programming) that pull the messages together from the databases.

Are you using a site to test your download/upload speed? I use Speakeasy - Speed Test

Good Luck

Mike
    "Jackpot"
    Webmaster for: http://www.slabbuster.com and other fine sites.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by drfishjd View Post
    Frosty, you called it. High tech redneck. It's hard to picture a high speed beagle. Does this mean we'll get out on the water earlier?
    Jim....don't know about getting to the water sooner, but he does have ONE HIGH SPEED located between his chin & nose.:D:D J/K micheal
    I just KNOW it was a big one!!!
    Mike

Post Thanks / Like

Now ya'll boys cut that out as for the gettin up early to fish Dang did that saturday and I am not over the trip yet. up at 3:30 am home at 8pm makes mikey poo a tired lad. Lap top in the boat. ????? lets see its black so I couldnt see it verry deep as it fell into the dark waters of TRUMAN LAKE,guess I could tie a shiney ribbon on it and watch it glitter on the way down.... best be a hillbilly on the water like I am on the ground.... later man

Post Thanks / Like

The site seemed to get slower when they addded the Google stuff on the left side of the screen. If something is moving in it, it seems to load slower.
    I've seen a lot of sites add that movement advertisement junk and it slows the upload.

G.
    Standing in the Gap