Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Crappie Nibble Plug!!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Crappie Nibble Plug!!

Well I have to say crappie nibbles are a must. As seen in my first post today I caught 23 big fish yesterday after work. Well I started in a top I have been fishing just about every time I have fished this particular end of the lake. My home lake is 33,000 acres! Most of the fish I have caught in this spot have been pound males. Anyway I pulled up to the top and put my favorite jig in the water and other than a medium sized male that I lost I couldn't get them to bite. So I backed off and got the nibbles out. As soon as that jig hit the water and got down fish on! I caught 11 fish total on this spot and they were all big fish. Then I moved to my second spot and noticed it was a little muddy from the wind the last couple of days. I fished for a little while without the nibbles and caught a few but started putting them on and BAM! I caught a good one. I bet 3/4 of the fish I caught came from the jig with a nibble attached! I need to buy some more nibbles!!
    B&M Pro Staff
    Driftmaster Pro Staff
    TEAM BAIT PUMP
    MAGNOLIA CRAPPIE CLUB

Post Thanks / Like

What color nibble did you use and do you think it makes a difference on the color of the nibble?

Post Thanks / Like

Funny thing about nibbles - people either really like them, or see no difference with them. Wonder why that is?
    Myself, you'll always find a jar or three of the red glitter nibbles in the boat.

Post Thanks / Like

Used them last Saturday, only caught one with nipple. know some guys will pull into an area and throw out 3 to 4 jars to chum the area

Post Thanks / Like

we call them crappie crack for a good reason, they seem to love em!
    Life is what you make of it...

Post Thanks / Like

Gar-Geeter thats funny because thats what I call them crappie crack! I use the chartreuse ones most of the time or white. I have pink ones to. I don't know if the color matters to much but it can't hurt. I think it is the smell more than anything because they do stink. I have learned that if you lay them out and let them dry up and harden a little they stay on the hook allot better. That way they don't fall off and you spend all your time putting new ones on the jig. I pour a cap full out in the cap and let them sit in the sun as I fish.
    B&M Pro Staff
    Driftmaster Pro Staff
    TEAM BAIT PUMP
    MAGNOLIA CRAPPIE CLUB

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by spoon
    Used them last Saturday, only caught one with nipple. know some guys will pull into an area and throw out 3 to 4 jars to chum the area

Spoon, where exactly are you getting a "nipple" to fish with? It hurts me just thinking about it!!!!!!

Just picking on you a little
    Vonna
    Yes, I fish like a girl. If you tried a little harder, you could too!!

Post Thanks / Like

what, haven't you ever seen a crappie nipple?:D
    Life is what you make of it...

Post Thanks / Like

somehow my "b's" got turned uside down :rolleyes:

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs. Crappie Stalker
    Spoon, where exactly are you getting a "nipple" to fish with? It hurts me just thinking about it!!!!!!

Just picking on you a little
    Mrs. Crappie Stalker;;; Was it you some time back that was talking about some kind of fish Paste if so what kind? And where can i get some? Does that work?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast