Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I hate work!

fiddlefarter is offline Moderator Crappie Cover Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Mt. Juliet, TN...Percy Priest Lake/Old Hickory Lake
    Post Thanks / Like

Default I hate work!

I have been having to work nights, 7:00pm to 6:30am, while they're tearing an old bridge down. All night last night I wanted to go fish this morning. Now that it is time, I'm too dang tired. I just can't sleep in the daytime. Yesterday I tried and I only slept about an hour. I woke up yesterday morning at 7:00am so as of right now I've been up 24 hours minus the 1 hour nap. So goodnight to all. Maybe when I wake up I can go fish for two or three hours before work. Either way I figure if I get a good sleep today, I will be well rested to fish every morning the rest of the week. Thanks for reading my retarded post, I'm in some sort of exhausted physchosis.
    Ya ain't holdin' your mouth right.

Post Thanks / Like

Fiddlefarter I know how you feel. Years ago (I'm retired now) I worked for Krispy Kreme in Nashville and had to be at work at 1 am. I usually worked to 2 or 3 in the afternoon. It took forever to get used to it. I'd have to get up at midnight.

Usually I hit the sack at 5 to 6pm. I bought black-out curtains for the windows. That helped. Disconnect the phone. That was a must. It took a couple of weeks, but finally I got used to it, but for those two weeks it was sleepless days and tired mornings.

Eight months later, though, I'd had enough. No more free donuts for me.

Post Thanks / Like

I work nights right now, 11pm to 7am 5 nights a week. Been doing it for 2 months now. it was hard to get used to sleeping during the day, but now i am used to it. just like you said fiddlefarter, it is time to go to sleep for me too.

Post Thanks / Like

tell you guys what, right now I work 8-5 mon-fri and 9:30 -1:30 mon-wed. I dont get a whole lot of time to sleep, so its not a problem.
    Life is what you make of it...

Post Thanks / Like

Default Benadryl

Just take a couple tablespoons of Benadryl.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by fiddlefarter
    I have been having to work nights, 7:00pm to 6:30am, while they're tearing an old bridge down. All night last night I wanted to go fish this morning. Now that it is time, I'm too dang tired. I just can't sleep in the daytime. Yesterday I tried and I only slept about an hour. I woke up yesterday morning at 7:00am so as of right now I've been up 24 hours minus the 1 hour nap. So goodnight to all. Maybe when I wake up I can go fish for two or three hours before work. Either way I figure if I get a good sleep today, I will be well rested to fish every morning the rest of the week. Thanks for reading my retarded post, I'm in some sort of exhausted physchosis.
    fiddle;;; I Hate that you hate work don't we all............

Post Thanks / Like

like my job - but don't care for the hours - the daytime is good - but I swing shift - 2 weeks days and 2 weeks nights - 7 to 7 - 12 hour shifts - the days are not bad - and I am off every other weekend Friday, Saturday , and Sunday - bit those nights are a pain in the a$$
    with my mind on crappie and crappie on my mind -
    and if ya'll see Goober later tellem I said duh huh - he'll know what ya mean!!!!!!!!

fiddlefarter is offline Moderator Crappie Cover Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Mt. Juliet, TN...Percy Priest Lake/Old Hickory Lake
    Post Thanks / Like

Don't get me wrong I love my job. I get paid to watch other people work while I sit in the truck and listen to the radio, read the newspaper and fishing and hunting magazines. What I'm watching now is super easy, I just keep up with when they stop traffic and make sure they don't drop debris all over the traffic. And the last couple of nights have been interesting, a very attractive model had a fender bender and a stripper that had just got off work got out and talked to us while traffic was stopped. I have also already gotten cussed three times (that I know of) since Monday. So the week is going good I was just tired when I came in yesterday. I did wake up at 1:30 and I went fishing till 6. Caught several short fish. I did have three keepers but I returned them for another day. When I got in today I went green carp fishing for a while and only caught 1. Now I'm going to sleep
    Ya ain't holdin' your mouth right.

Post Thanks / Like

Fiddle,i hate it too!spent 8 hours out on the boat in that hot sun yesterday!!Just kiddin buddy-hope you get your sleep schedule worked out!!Good Fishin To Ya!!Dennis
    Good Fishin To Ya!! Dennis Dale Hollow Crappie www.dalehollowcrappie.4t.com

Post Thanks / Like

Default Talking about not knowing when to sleep.

I work what is called a 21 turn schedule.

7 3rd turns ( 9p - 5a ) then 2 days off
    7 2nd turns ( 1p - 9p ) then 1 day off
    7 1st turns (5a - 1p ) then 4 days off :D

I work in a steel mill and have been doing it for 20 years. I quess I am as used to it as I am going to get. One good thing about it is most days off are during the week. Not as much pleasure boat traffic on the lakes.
    If you ain't tyin' - you ain't fryin'

Take a kid fishin'
    Scrap

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast