Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Crappie-walleye, back to back

Post Thanks / Like

Default Crappie-walleye, back to back

Have noticed the following in different regions of the country, at lakes that have both walleye and black crappie. If you're fishing before sunset and catch a mess of black crappie at a certain spot, many times when it starts to get dark, you'll start catching walleye at the very same spot. Imagine both groups of fish are after a common food source. Would like to hear other anglers' experiences concerning this.

Post Thanks / Like

i know that back in the winter till mid spring that held so true around here we have a few small tributaries we fish here and we would most always catch white/black crappie and then the sauger would turn on we would stay well after dark just dress for it and have a blast biggest sauger caught was over 4lbs but most were small but better than being home sleeping anyday im glad i seen this it seems to me now it wasnt just a fluke i guess they do run together like hybrids and blue cats chasing shad together
    is that a bite...YEAH FISH DONT HAVE HANDS

Post Thanks / Like

I fish a lake in NW Indiana,and have noticed the same thing.I catch em in about 2 ft of water just aoff the pads. I throw the wallys back,cause we don't have enough of em in here to start with.