Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Humminbird 997 Help

Post Thanks / Like

Cool Humminbird 997 Help

I 've just recently purchase a 997 sidescan unit. I was needing to know what would be the best kind of mount to use with the unit. I would like a mount/ bracket where i could mount it near the cockpit of the boat. Yet be very stable and secure. I plan to leave the unit attached to the boat while traveling also.Several people have suggested the medium mount (111-U)made by the Ram company. I was just wondering if I could get some feed back here and check to see what's everyone else using.

I was also needing some information about where to mount the the sidescan transom mount transducer. I'm hearing alot of problems people are having not being able to put the transducer right in the middle of the boat because of the motor. They mount the transducer a little to one side of the motor which causes the unit to scan wrong, only showing a small portion of the other side. Has anyone else had this problem? How did you make it work?

I'm sure this want be my last set of questions, I would just like to thank all you crappie.comers for helping me out with so many things along the way.

Post Thanks / Like

I use a RAM mount for mine---like it fine. Be sure to tighten it good before traveling ,or it will sag into the console and bang the unit around. I mounted my transducer per instructions without any problems.

Post Thanks / Like

put my transducer on the right side of the motor and doesnt seem to cause any problems, I find lots of stuff with it. good luck and enjoy

Post Thanks / Like

Swamp I sent you a private message for some info
    CrappieGeorge