Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: New to Tennessee

Post Thanks / Like

Question New to Tennessee

I've only live up here 2yrs. and have been trying to figure out how to go about deer hunting. I'm from Mississippi and belonged to a hunting club most all my life. I moved up here to Knoxville to take a better paying job and I love it up here. The fishing is great and I would love to find a place that my son and could hunt. I've thought about all the WMA land here but I hate to go in a place I know nothing about cause you never know who might be where and the last thing you want is some greenhorn messing up your hunt. I hate to be so long winded but if anyone has any ideas or knows any clubs that might be taking members I'd sure appreciate the help.

Etowah, Tn. foothills to the Smokey Mountains
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Your choice's are

Hunt the WMA's or find a lease. Leases are getting harder to find since Bowater Corp stopped leasing their ground and sold out to all the rich cats out of Florida who are trying to come up here and take advantage of folks trying to sell this mountain goat land for 5-15 thousand a acre. I hope every one loose's their but. I don't even buy a tag anymore because I can go to Iowa, take the son and hunt 5 days have more fun and lots bigger bucks for less the money I would spent dicking around here trying to find a place or someone to go with. Try Royal Blue WMA it is pretty big and word is its coming on. Catoosa has a good deer heard as well. If I hear of something opening up down this I will let you know

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks!!! Tenncrappie

Post Thanks / Like

i live in La now but i used to live in tn my entire life. There are tons of public places to hunt in tn. From what i remember there are places lik west-vaco which i think is owned by a forestry company, and you can by a permit from the twra in crossville. Also take advantage of the tva land and wmas yes there are other hunters but it can be well worth it. it may be to late but you can put in for quota hunts and get drawn to hunt for a weekend, in places like Oak Ridge where there are enormous bucks or AEDC down near tulohoma. AEDC has just alot of deer, and catoosa is also a very good piece of land. Don't be afraid to go walk around you find em there are alot of deer in Tn.