Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: MDC Conservation Areas on Google Earth

Post Thanks / Like

Default MDC Conservation Areas on Google Earth

Save gas. Stay cool. Explore new lakes from the comfort of your home.
    Go to Missouri Department of Conservation Select "Conservation Areas" from the "Quick Links" on the left of the page. That will take you to the "Conservation Atlas" that lists all the MDC areas in the state... Pretty cool in itself. Look down the left of the page (again) where it says "More Search Options" Select "View Using Google Earth" It will link you to Google Earth and download the locations of all the conservation areas to "My Places" on your Google Earth page. Then you can display a view of the state with all the Conservation areas marked. Click on the one you want and zoom in.

Now, if they'd only put a polarized filter on that camera, we could check the crappie population without leaving our chairs.

Post Thanks / Like

thanks s.s.,,lots of info there,,
    IT'S 5--O-CLOCK SOMEWHERE,,,MIKE-p

PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER

Post Thanks / Like

oh just remembered,,when you click on the mdc site and the main page comes up,try clicking on the missouri map,it is sectioned off into different parts of mo.now when that page comes up scroll down and there will be gps maps of fish attractors that they have placed,u can print or save these,i know for a fact that they have loz,stockton,and pomme,,as i have viewed/used these,, a man cannot have too many brush piles to check out

looks like they have added more,,t/rock/bull shoals/lake norfork to the south and most of the lakes in the k.c. area are now there
    Last edited by old fuzzy; 07-30-2008 at 07:38 PM.
    IT'S 5--O-CLOCK SOMEWHERE,,,MIKE-p

PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Fuzz... I never noticed that.

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up

Yeah, that's where I found the maps of brushpiles for Smithville, Watkin's Mill (Williams Creek Lake) and the Jackson County Lakes (Jacomo, Longview, Blue Springs, and Prairie Lee).

I downloaded the Google Earth add-on... very cool! Thanks SS!

-Tom

Post Thanks / Like

Smithville also has locations of Christmas tree drop-offs at the ranger station.