Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Fishing with Richard Williams

Post Thanks / Like

Default Fishing with Richard Williams

Hey everyone, wanted to tell you about my fishing trip over the weekend with Richard. My 11 YOA son and I went out with him Sunday. We had a fantastic day on the water! We caught 55 Crappie! not bad for post spawn fish.....and to top things off my son caught his biggest crappie ever. A slab weighing just over 2lbs. Talk about an excited youngster.

I'd never met Richard before other than talking with him some at the crappie chat room. I booked a trip with him hoping to learn some techniques and educate myself with becoming a better crappie fisherman. I also wanted to create a good memory for my son and I. Needless to say, we had a tremendous time! We spent the entire day joking, cutting up, and screaming FISH!!!!!!!!!!!!! everytime we landed one! What more could you ask for.

I'm ashamed to admit that the majority of my fishing in years past has been spent in pursuit of the "green carp". I'll probably have all my bass fishing gear for sale on e-bay now thanks to Richard. There simply is nothing like crappie fishing.

Thank you Richard for sharing your knowledge and for helping to make a memorable day for my son and I. As for a previous post mentioned....I am now also a firm believer in Crappie nibbles! Since I'm technically challenged, Richard has told me if I e-mail some pictures to him he'd be kind enough to post them on the site. Hopefully ya'll can see them soon.

I'll give a plug for Richard.....I encourage anyone considering fishing the Big Sandy area of Kentucky Lake to contact him. Just be ready to bare the brunt of some good ole southern ribbing!!! It won't take you long to start firing it back though!

One last note, I'm so greatful for Crappie.Com.....I really enjoy being able to talk crappie fishing every day with people that are as pasionate about Crappie as I am.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Weezer

Just one more reason I need go see Richard. I'm thinking November has potential. Brad, glad to hear you had a good time
    I'm sick of following my dreams. I'm just going to ask them where they're goin' and hook up with them later.

in a VAN down by the RIVER, Georgia/Alabama line
    Post Thanks / Like

Did he teach you the jb weld trick? lol
    Nothing like word of mouth advertisment. Great to hear what a good day you had with Richard and your son.

"If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles." ~Doug Larson

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the comments about Crappie.com, and yes, I've met Richard, what a wonderful guy. I know I've got to get out on the water with him some time.
    Owner
    "Wear your PFD" "No texting n driving" slab
    Crappie.com members are the best

Post Thanks / Like

Ok I'll bite. What's the JB weld trick?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bart
    Ok I'll bite. What's the JB weld trick?
    I'm wonderin that myself
    Life is what you make of it...

Post Thanks / Like

Does this have to do with your line wrap problem Moose?

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Brad. Glad you and Harrison had a good time. Looking forward to the next time. Here are the pictures you wanted me to post.
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    Have a crappie day!:D [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

NICE slab there...I bet he was happier than a pig is $hit!!!
    I won't be at work........I'm feelin' crappie today!
    ><)))*>

Post Thanks / Like

wow guys, good lookin fish
    Life is what you make of it...