Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Did it the old fassion way...

Cane Pole is offline Crappie.com 2011 Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Did it the old fassion way...

Forget to tell everyone that I got on the fishes Sunday without the help of GPS, Sidescan, etc.

I forgot (left them at home) my "bag of tricks" (Bag full of GPS, 997, camera, camcorder, PDA, Laptop, etc). Had to do some triangulating.

We were using the Jon boat with only the Eagle classic and the Lowrance X47 which had the variable angle transducer. This came in handy. I could look to the sides and find the brush instead of having to run over them.

Fish always come to me. Fish love Tom. Crappiehunter and CrappieStalker scare fish away for some reason? Fish don't like these fellers for some reason. Probably that old Nibble stink bait they constantly use.

We were KY riggin with minners. Not one hit on a jig. Reel Magic helped line release. I like the feel of the braid. I didn't miss a hook up.
    Member BS Pro-Staff and Billbob Pro-Staff
    Proud Member of Team Geezer... authorized by: billbob and "G"

frank lawhead is offline RIP Frank - Crystal is now posting on his behalf.
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Cane Pole View Post
    Forget to tell everyone that I got on the fishes Sunday without the help of GPS, Sidescan, etc.

I forgot (left them at home) my "bag of tricks" (Bag full of GPS, 997, camera, camcorder, PDA, Laptop, etc). Had to do some triangulating.

We were using the Jon boat with only the Eagle classic and the Lowrance X47 which had the variable angle transducer. This came in handy. I could look to the sides and find the brush instead of having to run over them.

Fish always come to me. Fish love Tom. Crappiehunter and CrappieStalker scare fish away for some reason? Fish don't like these fellers for some reason. Probably that old Nibble stink bait they constantly use.

We were KY riggin with minners. Not one hit on a jig. Reel Magic helped line release. I like the feel of the braid. I didn't miss a hook up.
    Tom is that a regular trans. on the x47 ??--I,ve tried to do that and I ,m smart enough or don,t get it set right--Lou at Grizzly tried to tell me how he does it and I,ve never got it yet [which does,nt surprize many]
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER

Cane Pole is offline Crappie.com 2011 Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by frank lawhead View Post
    Tom is that a regular trans. on the x47 ??--I,ve tried to do that and I ,m smart enough or don,t get it set right--Lou at Grizzly tried to tell me how he does it and I,ve never got it yet [which does,nt surprize many]
    Yep. Regular skimmer 20 degree.
    Member BS Pro-Staff and Billbob Pro-Staff
    Proud Member of Team Geezer... authorized by: billbob and "G"

Post Thanks / Like

Hay CP thats not surprising to me. You know how to get them.

Post Thanks / Like

Fish love Tom. Crappiehunter and CrappieStalker scare fish away for some reason? Fish don't like these fellers for some reason. Probably that old Nibble stink bait they constantly use.

OUCH!! That stings a little!! I see you didn't say anything about Vonna using those nibbles. You worried you might lose dessert privileges? HAHA!!

But, Those sparkle nibbles sure are purdy don't ya' think! I know what to get you for Christmas now!!!!!
    Paul -- Team Crappie Stalker