Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Gun question #2

Post Thanks / Like

Question Gun question #2

Out here in Cali it has become state law banning all lead shot from hunting and shooting. It is going into effect a little at a time. In a few years it will be in full enforcement.

My question, I bought a Remington Wing master in 12Ga in 1972, it is full choke. I have heard that if I shoot steel shot threw it I will damage the barrel or me. I've been thinking of getting a new shotgun then was shocked to see the prices of the guns I like. So now my plan is getting a new barrel for my shotgun. Thinking of a modified barrel or how about one with choke tubs? What are the advantages or disadvantages of a choke tub?

Thanks

Gonefission
    Bill

Post Thanks / Like

There isnt any, i would defintly get tubes.
    FISH-ON!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

You are going to pay more for a new barrel than the original gun.Anyone who know's gun's will tell you they had rather have your's than a new express with tube's.That being said your gun wont be any use to you in cal.Keep your gun in original cond and look into the express model's.You should be able to get a new one in the low 300.00's.

Post Thanks / Like

I bought a new tube barrel for my Belgin Browning Light 12 back several years ago. the barrel is a little heavier and I can tell when I shoot it. I'm used to the old lighter barrels. I caht it squat with the new barrel.
    Crappie Stomper Guide Service
    Crappie Fish'n With Attitude!!!
    https://www.facebook.com/crappiestomper
    ACC Crappie Stix Pro Staff
    Corn Field Crappie Gear Pro Staff