Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: crappies biting?

Post Thanks / Like

Default crappies biting?

We had our best day yesterday. 14 bucketed and 1 gill. smallest crappie 11 inches. going out again today. Any luck on crappies lately in east ne?

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome to the Ne. State board, What lakes are you fishing?
    Fishing is pretty slow on the lakes that I have been fishing. They have been pretty hard to locate and then will only get 1 or 2 in one spot. Most are small ones that I let go. We manage to get a few nice keepers each time but have to go thru a lot of small ones to get them. With all the high water there is a lot of food coming into the lakes so the Crappie are pretty full. I caught one the other day and it spit out 5 minnows in the boat.
    I am still working on some storm downed trees so aren't getting out as much as I would have liked.
    DO-GOODER EXTRADINAR :p

Post Thanks / Like

Eager, Thanks for the welcome. We are fortunate enough to have several private lakes to fish scattered across eastern Ne. No luck last Sunday . Yesterday we kept 6. I took pics, but have to get them to disk and then figure out how to post . Yesterday we probably caught 30 crappies, but only 6 to go under the knife. I want to thank all who posted crappie recipies, as we used 3 different today in the fryer, (too hot to fish). I am so full now I could burst. Fishing for us is passing time until hunting season, and crappie is what I fish for. This is a good site to learn some new tactics and see some monster crappies. Hope to see some more activity on this state site. Crappiekinghunter

Post Thanks / Like

Haven't been getting out too much this year with all the storms and downed trees in our area. The ground is really saturated with rain and now it doesn't take to much of a wind to up-root trees around here. I went down to my lot at the lake and had 2 more trees down. One Mulberry was up-rooted and Lightning struck an ash tree and split it. We don't have to worry about having enough fire wood this year. I have 2 apple trees and 1 mulberry yet to cut down and cut up but that will be for the smokers. I have been cutting up the trees and splitting the wood and giving it away, we have had so much so far this year.
    I am going to try to get out fishing Thursday for sure it sounds like it will be a good day for fishing.
    Last edited by Eager Beaver; 08-05-2008 at 11:17 AM.
    DO-GOODER EXTRADINAR :p